HMS Kingfisher by rafine - FINISHED - Lauck Street Shipyard - 1/48

Just wonderful Bob. Thanks for re-posting this log. It has given me (and I'm sure many others) a great deal of pleasure to read through.

Absolutely magnificent Bob. A trully inspirational log and a great source for Swan class builders - one of which I will soon be.

Thanks

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Your Kingfisher is just beautyful. Can you post some bigger pictures? I would like to see a lot more details.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Wow. You guys are much too kind. I really enjoyed reliving the build through the reposting and I'm delighted that others got some enjoyment as well.

I have no other photos, Christian.

Brian, when has any modeler not believed that they could have done better.

Bob

Let me add my voice to the general chorus and say it is HandSome!  As someone currently tangled up in the rigging process, I'm studying your work.

Best,

Martin

Current Build:  HMS FLY 1776

Previous Builds:  Rattlesnake 1781

Prince de Neufchatel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bob

...top aces work you are delivering, when going through this I decided to restart your buildlog sighting more relaxed from the first excitement and just relax and enjoy and study with great pleasure a top Champions build.

Bob, thank you so much for sharing your buildlog with us

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thanks, Jaxboat. If you have the kit, you should build it. While there are shortcomings, it provides a unique opportunity to build a fully framed model without having to scratch build all of the framing. In addition, there are now so many great build logs for Swans on MSW and the availability of the TFFM books to really inspire and show the possibilities for enhancing the kit. There are so many things that I wish now that I had done. I hope you have a go at it.

Bob

• 3 years later...

I know it's been years since this build Bob, But I just found this and would like to say what a beautiful build and amazing work. I have the LSS AVS on my shelf that someday when the skill level is better I'll start. I would also like to add the rigging like you did on your Kingfisher, however, I'll need a few more builds before all this happens.

Have a Good Day

Thanks so much Don. You should really have a go at the AVS. The LSS kits provide a unique opportunity to do a fully framed model without the necessity of cutting all of the framing. Whatever their faults (they surely have some), they are mostly enjoyable to build.

Bob

Enjoy this construction from the beginning, your work is excellent, congratulations!!

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Thanks so much guys. It's really nice to have you looking at the old logs. This was actually my first log on MSW, and was one of those lost when the original site went down and had to be redone in abbreviated form.

Bob