Surprisingly good tweezers...

Hi all,

I was dubious about the quality of these Ebay tweezer sets for the price but the free shipping made me take the risk and I am happily surprised by how good they are. 

6 tweezers, all whose points meet up accurately and  pass the 'pluck a single hair from the back of my hand' test with flying colours. I ordered two sets - one to distract the missus from taking mine - and even though they came from the UK to Australia the postage was free, so I ended up with 12 pairs of tweezers (thats 24 tweeezes!) for under $12.

You have to go through your local ebay site to get the free shipping, for example: UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quality-Set-6-Precision-Tweezers-Epoxy-Coated-Watchmakers-Jewellers-Non-Magnetic/131707336758?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

US:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Magnetic-tweezers-Set-Of-6-Precision-Epoxy-Coated-Tweezers-Stainless-Steel/162554991509?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

OZ:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-Piece-Coated-Tweezers-Set-Steel-Stainless-Non-Magnetic-Precision/362125433800?hash=item54505b9bc8:g:18AAAOSw0IJZ2Ztt

Other locations can probably paste the item description into their local ebay to get a result. There are various sellers who stock them for slightly different prices and ebay feedback ratings....

Edited by monkeysarefun
Correct URL link.

Me too. Thanks! Just £2.84 with free p&p in the UK. If they're no good I'll give them to Senior Management for her beadwork.

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

I received mine today.  They look and feel promising.  I'm at that point on my build that these will come in handy so I'll be doing a life-fire test as such.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Just received mine.  Way better than what I have been using.  Thanks for link monkeysarefun!

tweezers.jpg.b36790486861e666f85c6447e0063321.jpg

Tom

Don’t drop them! Mine fell off the desk today tips first into a small rug. They were stuck and I had to wiggle them a bit to get them out of the rug. At a distance of 28” those tips went through the rug , hit the cement and bent. I had to sand the bent tips and reface them.

I'm loving them and I can see where dropping one would be bad.  Even worse if lands pointy end on your foot.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Got mine - really good value. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat