rafine

Prince de Neufchatel by rafine - Model Shipways - 1:64

Sorry for your feelings of dissatisfaction Bob, I guess we've all been there at some point with our modelling results, but nevertheless she looks a nice model to me.

Wishing you better health in 2019 and a renewed  enjoyment in your next project.

Regards,

B.E.

Bob,

I hope you are feeling better. Your mastery of the art certainly out shines any disappointment you may have in the kit. It has been a pleasure watching this one coming together and knowing what perseverance it must have taken makes it that much more special. I can't wait to see what is next.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Edited by Osmosis

Bob,

Congratulations on a beautiful build.  While it may not come up to your (very high) standards, it looks absolutely

terrific to me.  Hope your health problems are behind you and you can take up another, better build in the near

future.

Jim 

Congratulations, Bob! Another beautiful addition to your fleet! I said it before, but I am always in awe of the speed of your builds in combination with your ability to achieve this fantastic quality, which all of your models exhibit! 

Of course now the question comes up, what's next? 🙂

Thomas

Bob,

I can’t speak for quality of the kit, but your model was a lot of the inspiration for choosing the Prince de Neufchatel as my first scratch build.  I also referenced it frequently when I had difficulty interpreting the plans or figuring out how to assemble my model (for instance, figuring out how to attach the stern).  So, well done!

Many, many thanks to all of you for the very generous comments, the kind words about my health , and the "likes". It is this kind of response that makes MSW a gathering of friends, rather than just a modeling website. I can't express the depth of my appreciation. At my age (approaching 80), it is hard not to temper optimism about future health with a dose of reality, but I am optimistic.

As to future modeling efforts, I had been hoping that Chuck's Winnie would be ready at this point to provide me with what would likely be my last major project.  Since this isn't the case, I need to go to Plan B. Unfortunately, I still don't have one.  I'm open to suggestions.

Bob

Hi Bob, a simple hit on the like button will not do. Your work is truly a benchmark for many of us.

Regarding the project to come, if I were to decide why not proceed by elimination : a fully rigged 3-master or something smaller ?  Which scale do you have in mind ?

Bob,

The result is terrific.  If this is your least favorite (?!) you have indeed set an extremely high bar for yourself.  I wish you the best of health in 2019 and beyond, and hope you have many more "one last build" with which to share your deep reservoir of talents.

Thank you for giving us hopes and dreams.

Steve

Hi Bob -- As a builder of the Prince, I concur with your assessment of the kit.  It's old, has not been updated, and so falls far short of what many people have come to expect from a kit -- especially now that Syren is producing some very interesting projects.

But, and this a a major but, as every one else attests, you've taken a poor kit and have done more than most of us could do!

I'm a bit behind you in years, but blurred vision has begun to make those details at 1:64 almost impossible to gauge.  Still these builds provide a quiet means of slow and steady attention.  You're one of the real craftspeople on this site, Bob.

Three cheers for another fine accomplishment.

Martin

congratz Bob on such a beautiful model :)   I fail to see your reflection of the kit.......you've done such a masterful job with it.  I hope your ills have subsided and feeling better...I know you've been plagued with your health.  but that didn't seem to have any effects on the cleanliness your work.  I hope that one day, I can build 'em to the level that your at.   I hope to see another of your wonderful projects ;)