Ist time modeling, and know I am in over my head, but feel a need to keep going. 
Have lots of time! Retired:
Have always been in awe of the Bluenose.
Got to see Bluenose 11 last year, and am now more in awe. Have the plans for Regarding       Schooner Bluenose 1921, ¼"= 1'.
Have downloaded  Plank on Frame Modeling Practicum By Gene Bodnar. 
I need help to understand a lofting instruction:
I Know it's my failure to comprehend what is being said. So please help me understand it.
On page 18 it tells me.

Now mark the bottom edge of the keel on your grid, which is found by placing the dividers on the Hull Profile Plan at the baseline at the Midship Frame and extending the dividers open to the bottom of the keel.  Transfer this measurement to your grid by placing one end of the dividers on the baseline at the center of the keel and extending the other end to mark the keel.  
If I go to the Bottom of the keel, should this not be the top of the keel so that the Hull Frames rest on the top of the keel.
Hope you can help.  Thanking You in advance
John

• 3 years later...

Not sure if you have an answer yet. On Eisner’s plan ribs 1 to 6 are fixed to the SIDES OF THE KEEL, as are ribs 26 to 34 to the SIDES OF THE KEEL.  Ribs 7 through to 25 rest on top of the KEEL and beneath the RIDER KEELSON. Like you, retired working on 1/24th RC version

Hi R 

Thank you very much for your post to John, that was very kind.  

Welcome to MSW.   It would be a polite thing if you would post an introduction and a name on the new member forum so we get to know a little about you. 

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU