The Tumblin' Dice by popeye the sailor - Artesania Latina - 1:80 - Mississippi riverboat

:D  :D ..........I didn't even notice!   in French,  Denis is spelt that way.......and pronounced Deni' ;)    I've become accustomed to it due to my French Canadian Grandmother.  no harm...no foul  ;) 

I did get to do a little on the T.D. yesterday,  in spite of the interruptions........I started to make the front part of the first level railings,  as well as the second level

854100737_1.jpg.12155f63bb700b167472df91bd203ac5.jpg

2048489911_2.jpg.c090310e329867ca0deda3f8c2b80956.jpg

they are a tad too high......I will need to trim them down.   I'll use the scroll saw to do that.   for the second level railings,  I really wish they would have marked the part out.......I hope I chose the right ones.

1638162717_3.jpg.600bb4a99ce3a104c78ea38f1207464b.jpg

I also started to assemble the third level deck.  I will use tulle to cover the openings from the inside.

1906261672_4.jpg.a07b6e7e46c0b347f42058a970a8abdc.jpg

I still have an errand to run a bit later,  but I will try to get more done.   thanks for look'in Mike...always a pleasure :)   thanks to all who hit the like button.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Denis,

Just catching up with your Cinderella stairs Freaking awesome !!

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

thanks Michael and John :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

On 11/29/2018 at 6:33 AM, rwiederrich said:

Symmetry in reverse can be a real challenge.

Not if you use a mirror 😀

Hi Denis just went through the log, looks like you are having fun and doing a nice job of it as well. Your comments about catching up are well placed when one considers just how much fine work is being presented on this forum. I really does boggle the mind.

She looks good.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

thanks Michael.......I think it's one of my biggest downfalls.   I watch so many projects....many talented modelers is an understatement!   good to see your browsing through......your quite the modeler yourself  ;)   your cutter is amazing!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks Marc :)   great!  I made a pair of stair masters  ;)  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

this week has been tough to get much table time in........I had the coup de gras at the Dentist,  and holiday decorations to contend with.   of course,  after the visit to the dentist,  I didn't have much gusto to do much else.......but I made myself.  I did manage to do a little on the T.D. as well.  the front lower railings are now in place,  both done in the same manner.......I only have pictures of the starboard side.  funny how I always seem to do the starboard side first,  with just about every bit of progress I make..........guess I'm just a starboard kind of guy ;) 

483781083_1.jpg.4da648d1561cc3044da80ac9b0e57721.jpg

854217584_2.jpg.c113b02fcb6ed9046374a8363e7b6718.jpg

the windows have also been added to the front and rear of the second level structure.....as I guessed,  the curvature gave me a bit of trouble.  they are not as I would have liked........I'll check 'em out when I remove the rubber bands that are pressing them in place.   hopefully they are good enough to cement the structure in place and add the third level.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks John.......I went in to lay down another strake or two on the Progress,  and the rubber bands that were holding the windows in place snapped....I guess they were too old.  one of the windows came off...........I'll have to fix it ;)   ahhh......the life span of a rubber band  :rolleyes: 

thanks to all who hit the like button  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

At least you are still making progress Denis; and she is looking grand.

WRT the rubber bands, it may also be that fumes, or contact with, the glue accelerated the deterioration of the bands - I replace them quite often because of this.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

never thought of that Pat........it's probably what happened.   thanks for the good word :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hey Denis

I've finally caught up!  Welcome to the land of the living (I say, to myself). 

As expected, you're doing a masterful job with your Tumbling Dice.   The decking looks superb, as do the staircases.  Mighty fine!

You know, I've always loved these style of boats.  There's something about them that's just, let's say, magical, charming, captivating, a throwback to simpler days, when life was less chaotic. 

Keep up the great work!

Cheers

Patrick

hello Patrick.......thanks for the kind comment :)   it's been crazy 'round here lately......haven't had the time to work on her as I would like,  but I should have more on her soon.   so glad you stopped by  ;) 

thanks again to all who hit the like button  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 1 month later...

sounds like a fit change for me!  ......where do I sign up?!   the stairs are done...yes.........thanks for the kudos,  but another problem has arisen.  I did not realize that the tinted window material is two layers....that's why one of the windows popped off.  I will likely just put it back on,  but foe the rest of the windows,  I think regular cello will be used.  not only that,  I didn't see the supplied window material for the helm,  so I might have to do them in the clear cello too.   the material had lines and stuff on it........would have looked cool.....oh well >shrug<

thanks for look'in in........I should be resuming very shortly.  I got carried away with the Progress ......and then with the funny car  be back to hr soon  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: