The Tumblin' Dice by popeye the sailor - Artesania Latina - 1:80 - Mississippi riverboat

Nice progress going on Denis,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

thanks for the good word gents!   I'd have gotten further yesterday,  but the admiral had a doctor's appointment.......and we made an afternoon of it  :)    then last night,  some drunk nut decided to fly up our street,  like a bat outta hell,  and totally take out the telephone pole on the corner of Varney and Riddle St.....and ended up hitting a house two doors up on Riddle St!   Whatta freak'in mess!.  he cleaved the pole......all he got out of it was a laceration on his calf!  on top of that.....while all this was going on,  another drunk woman drove through the police blockade and attempted to get through.   they took her away in a paddy wagon,  and her car was later towed.  wonder if she was at the same party?   they are still working to replace the pole at this moment........looks like they are almost finished.

of course Chris.......if you see something you like,  be my guest  ;)    not often I come up with something usable.......definitely a time saver though,  I think you will like it ;)    I just answered an e-mail request from someone in Ontario,  who wants to Build the Andrea Gail......he reads my logs on Word Press.  hope I didn't disappoint him........I don't draw plans for anything I do........I just build it.  I wish him well and good luck :)    that's how I build my hulls........from saving all the parts panel sheets...also good if parts need to be scratch made or replaced.   I did try to assemble the spiral stairs yesterday........boy!  did I mess those up!   I may need to so something like you did.........or perhaps feed my Frankenstein and try that elevator idea I have stuck in my head :ph34r:

thanks Nils........compared to Chris........I'm on the wrong side of the escalator!  .......a lot of effort,  with little progress ;) 

thanks for the likes.........I have a few more pictures to show.........I get them up in a bit  ;)   thanks for look'in in !

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

yesterday was devoted to the second level structure clean up.   the windows and doors......finished trimming the excess planking,  and then sanding to all the openings.   you probably saw that I had sanded over the planking, to get rid of the ridges.....I went over it again with the stain.  it did come out a little darker,  even though I wiped it fairly quick after the application....shouldn't take away too much.  it was given a coat of lacquer,  but I had to give it a second light coat,  due to some 'white' that started to form.  lacquer can be rather touchy with humidity.

5ac7936919b41_1.jpg.266d61c8b4ae7f3ee8d9ae41222b0c7e.jpg

5ac793756300b_2.jpg.baaaafaf178230a02df4a007adc7aa67.jpg

5ac7937c1c5c8_3.jpg.5f9926808fc98833bec7a4675fd90d1a.jpg

5ac793828a3d6_4.jpg.6284476b8bfc08a6f79893a5ef1a870b.jpg

5ac7938a65c3d_5.jpg.68951cc3073d526770b13b9c3ff1a198.jpg

while this process was going on,  I tried my hand with the spiral stairs.  I can concur with Hugh.......they are a pain :(   they didn't come out right.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

now that we have power back...........came back on @ 6:30 AM {Gibbs let us know}......I can continue.   this is a fairly bright room......I could have continued without it........some of my pictures are done with no lighting at all.  I figured I would start with something easy,  while I think about the stairs.....I finished the coral bars.

5ac79637b1ae2_6.jpg.ebdd3da6c97313b1bc57d6b5810a69c6.jpg

the second level deck is cemented on...had to be weighted down due to the arch.

5ac79696a3044_7.jpg.719b37ad45d0623e88af7255dd83fba5.jpg

sorry to see.......but the bow fender was a flop!   I used the wrong template {deck}.   the parts panels are in very good shape.

5ac79720489ab_8.jpg.6819878d153420c31b4da22beea1fc0d.jpg

the one laid on top is the one I should have used.   the mahogany bent OK......but I think I will try a softer wood.   I can stain it later.   for chuckles,  I did a dry fit of the second level, and the third level deck.

5ac797c902117_9.jpg.f09b700562a7683a7c418b92d642cf20.jpg

here's how the stairs came out........

5ac79885b1f6a_10.jpg.b2dd89f4d27ec79f97b8fbc6e43620cc.jpg

the instructions weren't much help either......so I will try a different approach.   it starts with this platform..........

5ac7991592f0b_11.jpg.0cf15280e3de2196fb6dc350cc5669dd.jpg

and these stairs .........

5ac79930c32d7_12.jpg.c55904e14a79fb7c65feab8289b9ca77.jpg

getting the height right is going to be the feat.......I'm working from the ground up.   I'm going to make the set of stairs that will join the second level too.....they need to join together on the platform,  that will likely tell me better how high the platform needs to be.   I'm also thinking of bypassing the platform idea,  and create stairs that branch off each other,  joined at the lower level.   I'll get to be able to use some of the kit parts this way.   if this don't work......then I guess I'll have to go all 'Dr Who' on the model  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I've been meaning to get these pictures up here.   I tried a couple of different ideas on the stair issue.   I continued with the original idea,  adding the stairs to the landing.   I then thought that the landing might be a bit too deep.

5acbfe2adf2c7_1.jpg.8d1bebfde5632e773ebf35944d8e9a35.jpg

5acbfe377e3bb_2.jpg.6cb2646d75cd5dfafb025975f30f1d06.jpg

...if anyone needs a guillotine....or a hangman's platform.......I'm your man  ;)     I then tried idea #2........the same basic double flight of stairs,  but I went higher...and gave it closed in sides.

5acbfeedc6b1d_3.jpg.cb2ec48833fd6868c906c75f3780995a.jpg

you see the edge that has been cut out.......I will do the entire flight.

5acbff1ef11ab_4.jpg.f3f48ce9694dca29f51a87839939c974.jpg

here I get the notion that I've gone too high.  perhaps a couple steps lower.

5acbff6c2c01e_5.jpg.c2b02848c8087a03f78c16a343054226.jpg

...here are the infamous before and after pictures............

5acbff9926562_6.jpg.d96d8c3adf72f9089c12abcfc8e13aa8.jpg

I then did them in mahogany stain......they came out looking blotchy.   my next idea should raise my expectations...hopefully take it to the next level.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

What a great job you are doing scratching those stairs,  I have yet to make a few stair cases for mine, it will happen though (In time)

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Caught up with you Denis. Great progress and I hope you van figure out how to proceed with the spiral stairs, They give the boat a level of class. If not, that your regular stairs will also look awesome.

Keep plugg'n at them my friend.

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Denis,

Just catching up - been away - Looking great Your spiral stairs are excellent As Chris and OC just said I agree :)

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

thanks for the confidence ;)   work week's over now,  so I can take another stab at the stairs.  sad part is I used Ca on them,  so it might be hard to salvage them.

we'll see what a fresh perspective can do.

thanks for the kind word....and all the likes!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

OK........I had put them in my oops bag.   I needed to split one apart,  but I didn't have to do anything about that.........one already did.   they need to go in opposite directions.   taking the intact one,  I did some fitting to see what I can do to get them right.   Hugh was correct in his assumption,  that the stairs fall short of their goal.   they need one more step.   I drew the part needed on two different thicknesses of wood,  to be cemented together to equal the thickness of the kit steps.

it's a beginning  ;) 

5acdfbea2a772_1.jpg.f1a5c8c20c3fdbcb46711d8840c56133.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I think the spiral will look much better, you can do it

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I know it's a pain but I have to agree with Kevin. I am quite sure you will manage it.

Current build : Fokker Dr 1

Completed non-boat build 1/16 Model expo Sopwith Camel - in shore leave.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

Artesania Latina Red Dragon (Modified)

Non-boat build 1/24 scale Dennis bus by OcCre - in shore leave.

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

OcCre Santisima Trinidad Cross Section 

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

if you have a look at david's build log of the same boat (drobinson02199) you will find he had the same spiral staircase problem. he describes how he overcame it in there. seems to me you are at the stage whereby you haven't gone too far as to make fixing it an insurmountable problem. either way, looks like the jury has spoken and we all want to see a spiral staircase! lol

cheers

chris

I hear ya Sam..........working on it as we speak!  ;) 

so I see Chris........I will have to look at Don's log...haven't done that yet.   I'm going to try a different approach.......these darn instructions don't show very much.  I should be used to it.......being a Billing Boats builder.   I will have an update .....did a little yesterday.   wrong in the assumption that I didn't go too far.....I did... now  it's damage control time and it may include some scratch building anyway.   so be it!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I do Carl........I'll take a look at his log as well.  I did look at Dave's log......he hit on some of the conclusions I have been thinking of.   the curve of the decks is one of the problems.   I added one more curved steps to the top,  and even though I can get it to align to the second level,  I see it's not even to the first level.   it will probably need a straight step at the bottom,  and it may need to be trimmed.  one set is still intact.......while separating the other set,  it didn't come apart too good,  so I will need to make another whole set of stairs.   I didn't get anything done yesterday.......ended up working on the car,  getting it ready for state inspection.

thanks for reminding me about Adrieke's build....I'll look at his as well  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I looked up other logs for this model,  and I came up with several others.   each one had their take on the stairs......not the fun part of the model.  I decided to take a different approach,  which as I'm proceeding,  might not have been a wise choice.  I had assembled one already with the post,  and it came out uneven.....part of what prompted me to try making straight stair flights.   taking them back out,  the posts were removed and cleaned up,  later to be cemented on the model,  to insure that they would be straight,

5ad4efdd6a276_2.jpg.8532c8bfa82ab007c30788e8494fbbfb.jpg

5ad4efef3459a_3.jpg.0851b95618725b21b7b1ce17f0810084.jpg

the one that I removed the post from was sanded around the outer spiral,  and I added another step to the top,  seeing that the spiral itself wasn't achieving the 90 degrees it required to make the span the the second level.

5ad4f0ac9aac5_4.jpg.0898a9ec5747701745672c40f0757658.jpg

I noted that it wasn't a straight ascension either....I'll have to work on it.   as for the other flight of stairs,  I had to take it apart,  which ended up badly for the parts..........everything from splintered cuts to the uneven.   they will need to be sanded and corrected,  in order to salvage them.  instead of making new pieces, they were sanded down in thickness,  and cemented on a small piece of 1/32 flat stock to make up for it.   it was compared to one I did earlier to check the thickness.

5ad4f2bc94937_5.jpg.ab4f1f6a9c2f1c6b4e9c74321c34aebe.jpg

5ad4f2c9cddbb_6.jpg.f84dabc08c776a21936de4e36e113f67.jpg

the end result is that I now have a left and a right flight of stairs.   the next task will be to get them to fit.

5ad4f36eec55a_7.jpg.0c2c5993f2575c62c201e63e436328cd.jpg

I haven't done them yet,  but another thing that I find odd are the hinges for the doors on the first level.   the way they are shaped,  suggests that they need to be bent around a brass rod,  to create the hinge pin eyelet.   but in doing this,  it creates a double thick hinge....not good in my opinion.   when I create them,  I will post a picture or two to show you what I mean.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looking great mate,   love what you are doing with those stairs, mine are difficult enough just being straight.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks OC.......I might have made some headway.   doing it this way though,  the railing posts are taking a beating...but I suppose if I were to paint them brown,  they won't be too noticeable  :D   more soon if it pans out  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

....more on my unconventional way to make spiral stair cases.   the top step I added wasn't the best thing to do.......I ended cutting off most of it.  having the step level with the second level,  pushed the stair case away from the post.   tough to get a step up in this hobby.......I'll never get a raise this way  ;) .....just thought I'd pun it up a little***   

5ad5fc130c55e_1.jpg.193a194a94e419ed433bfc1af773a310.jpg

5ad5fc212a2d0_2.jpg.f8562bf834aabf20bde31a7852df334f.jpg

I have a gap at the bottom........do I dare?!?!?!   why not!  there's nothing like a happy landing ;)   while I play with this,  I'll show you something else......the hinges for the first level doors seems to be an oddity too.   I've seen them done in different ways......here's what I've derived from them.  the way that they are made,  suggests that they be folded over......the center part is to be wrapped around whatever is to be used as a hinge pin.   this makes the hinges double thick,  something I think is kinda weird.   I first thought about folding them over,  and then snip off the double part,  making the hinge thin and not as bulky.

5ad5fe2a9d349_3.jpg.b6dfd83a29efeb24279b513befc5dea3.jpg

it can be seen how the center part is thinned down......the holes are supposed to match the opposite part.   I stuck a piece of that steel rod in my vise, in order to accomplish the bending process.   but beware.........if you let go at an inopportune time,  the part gets catapulted into god knows where!   gentle pressure.....this way,  it falls to the floor {this is the road I took}.   just as much as a paint to locate them,  even though I pushed the mat under the table {it suppresses bounce}.

5ad5ff6278279_4.jpg.b8f749f50122364be47970368a5b7644.jpg

at this point,  they are crimped with the needle nose pliers.   the first couple,  the holes didn't line up........this was corrected by inserting a pin through the outer holes,  acting as a guide.    it didn't take long to bend them all......I found that I have two extra pieces......not a boon bonanza,  but if one is messed up,  there is a replacement.

5ad602ffe0d0c_5.jpg.03871ff04b6c0c0a92b10e2c7cd9bf73.jpg

see what I mean by them looking thick  ;)    this would have been the best time to trim them,  but I started to assemble them before I realized it.   maybe later.

5ad6039bb6b8d_6.jpg.d7381fc2d20ea1db715a7b1e1434ee70.jpg

this is what they will look like.......I will use CA when I get them set up.   I'll chase out the holes with a drill....then drill them again when they are in place on the model.  the brads are 10 mm,  I'm guessing.........I should use the ones I got from Billing's {they might be a tad thicker}.  I'll use 7 mm when I fill the holes.

I also began plotting what to do about the metal doors and windows for the second level.......gonna scratch the doors from wood,  and make frames for the windows.   the first holes to fill on the second level will be gratings {on both sides}.   assembling the supplied grating from the kit is a no go......the darn thing looks too big.

5ad606fd8fb24_7.jpg.1a449350511fb4efc7539f0aa6cec2d6.jpg

holy visibility batman! :o  yea.....not my cup of sassafras tea.   I got out the grating kit I got from model shipways........had this darn thing for a while now.....I'll never order from the place I got it from again!  >thump!<  bad customer service.........>thump!<.....bad!.....BAD!!!.....>thump!<.....>thump!<:angry:    it would have been a good fit.......except that there wasn't enough to make both of them :( 

5ad608558069c_8.jpg.dc5b612cd1f83c82755c33728386b7e6.jpg

I then though of the grate material I made for the United States build {look into that build to see how I made them......insanity at it's best}.   :default_wallbash: "there,  there....little fella.......I don't like to use helmets either :wacko:."   so..........after cutting one of them to size {since I didn't have the sense to snap a picture of them},  it was fitted into position.

5ad609b476a29_9.jpg.9e75150ecc2ab155e80044e0459fc040.jpg

now.....I need to make a frame for it.   rather than muck it up by combining stain and paint....I'll just use paint.

5ad60a423192b_10.jpg.36417f43ecc9fa00ca82a35154988abe.jpg

.......once I trim it up,  of course  ;)    then I can make the other side.   I also set up another bow fender in the CORRECT template,  {this time}......I'll do the trim and fit today.   the last thing I did in this session,  was to add the outer railing to the stairs I was working on.  I figured it might safeguard the spindles from breakage.......still gotta cement one of them back on.  I left it off for fitting purposes.   with a little sanding,  it doesn't look half bad.   staining is out due to glue blotches.........still gonna be a pain to paint.

5ad60cd8cf368_11.jpg.67d58ea5befc616e827ddd1071ee0c91.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Lovely stairs Denis,

I can imagine what it looks like with those period dressed figurines on them.....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Excellent stairs, well done Sir !!

I think the hinges look fine and I personally would stick with them as they are.

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

Mare Nostrum (modified)  Amati Oseberg (modified)  Chaperon sternwheel steamer 1884   Constructo Lady Smith kit/scratch build   

Constructo Robert E Lee Paddle Steamer  Constructo Louise, steam powered river boat   OcCre Bounty with cutaway hull 

Corel Scotland Baltic Ketch (not on MSW) OcCre Spirit of Mississippi paddle steamer (not on MSW)

In the Gallery:
 Mare Nostrum   Oesberg  Constructo Lady Smith   Constructo Robert E Lee   Constructo Louise   OcCre Bounty   OcCre Spirit of Mississippi

Another thought! I have some plastic mesh left over from another build. I used it to make the windows in my yacht Mary. It would be just right for your grills.

Do you have any ?

Previous boat builds:

Yacht Mary

In the Gallery:

Denis,

Yes - those stairs of yours are really excellent. Well done!

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

thanks for the good word on the stairs......trying not to let ya'll down ;)   I need to build a shelf for the Norden........darn thing is sitting on the table at the moment.........needed better light for it's photo shoot.   I'll figure something out ;) 

I have to find some of those figures Nils......I'm still looking  :)   thanks!

I thought about that Mike......I have some fine mesh.....or I can even use the tinted cello I'm using for the windows.   it would have been good if the Model Shipways grating worked out.....smaller mesh...I wouldn't have to worry about being able to look into it.  I'm sure I can block it out with something....thanks for the offer  ;) 

jee Sam.........hmmmmmmmm,  could be a way to get a leg up in that line of work ;)    if my current job does a nose dive,  I'll let ya know  :D 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: