Azzoun

March Month of Fellowship - Request

Today, I realized today how much I enjoy seeing other people's real faces on here as part of getting to know someone on here.   I'd like to request everyone to consider the Month of March a month of ship modeling fellowship and for you to, at least temporarily, replace your profile picture with your real photo.   I already changed mine and am looking forward to meeting some of you face to face!

Joshua 

Hi Joshua,

I like seeing people's pictures too. So now the question is how recent must the picture be? I used to be a real estate agent, and they are a notorious lot (for many reasons) but in part for using pictures of themselves that were taken about 20 or 30 years ago. Which reminds me that I actually need to update my picture and perhaps find one that doesn't conceal my bald head quite so effectively.

I wish you success with your campaign!

David

Well, in addition to my profile pic, which was taken back in my service days, I scrounged up a couple of pics of my younger self. Here's one of me working a cattle drive out west.

image.png.c57bab9d42a755831653e195cb549aa3.png

After a hard day of rounding up strays and dispatching a few desperados here and there, I think I cleaned up pretty good.

image.thumb.png.e31c86c939a41b3addd9c85dd6c6ed46.png

A couple of martinis (shaken, not stirred) and I was good to go another day.

(I actually have a more recent pic saved on my computer at work, which I'll post later.)

Cheers!

P.S. I self-identify as a Man with No Name with a license to kill, so don't try to convince me that I'm not.

Mine's already in compliance; that's me with my first-ever sailing ship kit.

Actually, although I definitely understand the reasoning behind this, there are fair reasons why some people don't use their real name or photo online. In a way, I actually prefer not to know what someone looks like, because that means I'm judging them on their words and actions rather than their appearance. I'm fine with thinking of someone as "username" and/or "avatar" because that way I'm seeing them as they want to be seen.

In other words, nothing wrong with asking or participating, but please don't judge those who choose a higher level of anonymity for reasons of their own.

Cathead, 

No judgement rendered - just seeing who I can convince to become a real person for a time.  I've been kind of striving to get to know certain people on here well enough to consider potentially becoming friends outside of this online space as finding people in my local life to have an active chat about this hobby is difficult sometimes.  I know there are various levels of comfort in regards to that and respect their boundaries.   All the best!

Joshua 

Probably because it's meant to be a thumbnail type photo that is posted.  Email the photo to yourself as a medium image save it and try using the resized photo.  Easier than opening photoshop to resize.

Kurt

2 hours ago, gjdale said:

Here you go Joshua - be careful what you wish for!

image1.jpeg.8a1aa9f2f7d1f2bf2c97aaa411505c20.jpeg

Nice to meet ya Grant!  Thanks for participating!  The Flying Machine looks like an interesting project!

Joshua 

No judgement rendered - just seeing who I can convince to become a real person for a time.

Fair enough, you win, at least in this thread. You all can decide which one I am (though this photo is a couple years old and my whiskers are longer now). And if you're good with the interwebs you can track that photo back and find out more.

e_writing.jpg

13 hours ago, Cathead said:

Fair enough, you win, at least in this thread. You all can decide which one I am (though this photo is a couple years old and my whiskers are longer now). And if you're good with the interwebs you can track that photo back and find out more.

Oh Cathead - I think you were excited to participate from the beginning ;)   Thanks for posting!