• Announcements

What would you like to learn to cook?

I'm ready to go into business, I hope giving cooking lessons in peoples homes. Couple questions.

I think Knife cuts, stocks and sauces would be obvious so, besides those, what would you want to learn?

Do you consider yourself a noob, mediocre or talented chef?

What would you pay?

Hey Brian, I love to cook and have a vast collection of dishes that I make.  I would like to learn more about other cultures.  Usually when someone is talking to me about their vacation I always ask about the food.  I would like to learn more about Creole cooking because I like spice and heat.  I would also like to learn more about Indian cuisine (because of their mastery of spices) and Mediterranean cuisine.

One other thing, I have a nice collection of kitchen knives.  I know technique, such as how to properly dice an onion or how to deconstruct a chicken but what I like to know is how to improve cutting speed.  I seriously think you would do good putting on a knife technique course.  One of my favorite chef's, Jacques Pepin, has published books on technique alone.

I would gladly pay $40 for a knife technique course and I would be willing to pay up to $150 for a one day course in regional cuisine (as long as it included the cost of food).

Hope this helps a bit.

At an actual computer now. Different cultures was a 6 week course. I'd like to know what techniques people might want to learn. I've been struggling with this for some time now.

I think most of my clients will be mid-level home cooks so I think knife cuts will be great but I'd want to charge more like $150 for a simple 4 hour knife cut course. Then I think a lot of people would like to know about sauces. Hoping to charge more like $300 for 6 hours or something. Ours is an affluent City surrounded by a few more.

7 minutes ago, uss frolick said:

she's a doctor,

Ohboy, suck up to her. Mine's a CCRFN (Flight Nurse) and knows how to inject liquids that can paralyze you for a loooooong time! No bruises below what's visible.