Noctavigant

Hello from Central Ohio

Hi all! I've been meaning to post here for some time. I've been registered for almost 4 years, better late than never :D

I've been following this site for some time, reading over build logs, and trying out cheap MidWest kits before I posted an actual build. I currently build a lot of plastic amour and ship kits, and I am active with our local IPMS chapter. I used to build furniture a long time ago, but after selling our home a few years ago, I had no where to keep the tools and work. I did manage to take over our den and the wife has been completely supporting my hobby.

I am a systems administrator for a local school district. Building models helps me relax and keeps me off a computer most evenings. I will be posting a build log of my current project shortly.

Welcome to MSW, Noctavigant from a former Buckeye.     Can you tell us your name?  it's more personal than a handle. :)

Hi

Welcome aboard, nice to hear from another from Ohio. FYI I belong to a club formed in central Ohio (Columbus) About 15 years back. The name is Shipwrights of Central Ohio. We will be meeting this Saturday at the Westerville library from 9-11:30 third Sat of each month. We would love to have you come by.

Lee

Yes, park in back, go thru door will be sign, room is on right past the gift shop. Bill Nyberg is president and will be setting up around 9:00. See you this Saturday.

Lee

Sean,

Welcome aboard. As a fellow buckeye, I have to reiterate Lee's suggestion to join the modeling club.  I have been a member for two years, and although I have a hard time making all of the meetings (I am 2 hours away), the ones I have attended are really helpful. The members of this club are some of the finest craftsmen in the state, and you will learn a lot.

We are all looking forward to you build log.

Another warm welcome from Ohio.  It’s good to know the Columbus group is active and (reasonably) close.  😁

Sean, 

Welcome. Sorry you missed Saturday's meeting. Our next meeting will be Saturday, April 21st in the conference room. Follow the directions you have for the classroom, but when you pass the gift shop, take a right and then a second right and the conference room is at the end of the short hallway behind the gift shop. 

If you send me your contact info, I will send you a reminder and our March newsletter "Ropewalk".  The club contact is shipwright@wowway.com.

Again, welcome aboard.

Bill Nyberg

president

Shipwrights of Central Ohio