Hello from Central Ohio

Hi all! I've been meaning to post here for some time. I've been registered for almost 4 years, better late than never :D

I've been following this site for some time, reading over build logs, and trying out cheap MidWest kits before I posted an actual build. I currently build a lot of plastic amour and ship kits, and I am active with our local IPMS chapter. I used to build furniture a long time ago, but after selling our home a few years ago, I had no where to keep the tools and work. I did manage to take over our den and the wife has been completely supporting my hobby.

I am a systems administrator for a local school district. Building models helps me relax and keeps me off a computer most evenings. I will be posting a build log of my current project shortly.

~Sean

Welcome to MSW, Noctavigant from a former Buckeye.     Can you tell us your name?  it's more personal than a handle. :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW.

And greetings from Belgium

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hi

Welcome aboard, nice to hear from another from Ohio. FYI I belong to a club formed in central Ohio (Columbus) About 15 years back. The name is Shipwrights of Central Ohio. We will be meeting this Saturday at the Westerville library from 9-11:30 third Sat of each month. We would love to have you come by.

Lee

Sean,

Welcome aboard. As a fellow buckeye, I have to reiterate Lee's suggestion to join the modeling club.  I have been a member for two years, and although I have a hard time making all of the meetings (I am 2 hours away), the ones I have attended are really helpful. The members of this club are some of the finest craftsmen in the state, and you will learn a lot.

We are all looking forward to you build log.

Sean, 

Welcome. Sorry you missed Saturday's meeting. Our next meeting will be Saturday, April 21st in the conference room. Follow the directions you have for the classroom, but when you pass the gift shop, take a right and then a second right and the conference room is at the end of the short hallway behind the gift shop. 

If you send me your contact info, I will send you a reminder and our March newsletter "Ropewalk".  The club contact is shipwright@wowway.com.

Again, welcome aboard.

Bill Nyberg

president

Shipwrights of Central Ohio

• 3 years later...

Sean, it has been a long two years. We will restart in-person meetings at the Westerville Library, Saturday, September 18th, 2021. Will be doing a joint Zoom/In-person session. We gather at 9 AM and the meeting starts at 9:30. If you cannot make our meeting but would like to join on Zoom, send me your email address to shipwright@wowway.com.  You can also go to our home page at shipwrightsofohio.com and click on the meeting heading at the top of the page, which should connect you to our "green Room" on Zoom.