Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans

Where did you find this video? I have visited this gallery a few times and it's really fun to see it being put together. The Thomson Ship Gallery is part of the Art Gallery of Ontario in Toronto, which is a stunning display space designed by Frank Gehry. A major component of the ship collection comprises the many prisoner of war bone models. I don't particularly like them, but they sure are interesting to see and they add another dimension to the display.

Thanks for the posting.

David 

Current Build - St. Roch, Billing Boats; HMS Agamemnon, Caldercraft (on hold)

Previous Builds - Armed Virginia Sloop, Model Shipways; Constitution, Model Shipways; Rattlesnake, Mamoli; Virginia Privateer, Marine Model Co, restoration; Prince de Neufchatel, Model Shipways; Charles W. Morgan, Model Shipways; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways, Bluenose, Model Shipways (x2); Niagara, Model Shipways; Mayfower, Model Shipways; Shamrock V, Amati; HMS Pegasus, Victory/Amati

I am constantly looking for videos that either tell a story about models or show me how models are built. Thats why  i am obsessed with recording and sharing my builds in the hope of sharing my limited knowledge with others and so encouraging the craft to grow. In trinidad i am yet to find anyone who builds wooden models. So videos are my answer to the problem.