Javier Baron

Hello from spain to everybody

Hello everybody

My name is Javier Barón, I was born in 1948 and I live in Madrid, Spain. Unfortunately, I do not speak English fluently, although I am able to understand the texts written in your language.

Therefore, I use the Google translator and in advance I apologize for any errors that may be contained in my writings. I have been a modeller for many years and I am currently doing a series of miniatures of small work boats (I have just finished number 61 of the collection). The collection can be seen at barcosbaron.wordpress.com and although the texts are currently in Spanish, I have a nephew of mine who is bilingual busy translating them into English.

To complete my presentation I put some pictures of my latest work: a bisquine of Cancale in miniature (scale 1: 160).

If you find it interesting, I will publish some of the models in my collection in the gallery.

48CC3106-FD3B-4825-8AF5-DA90A817D245.jpeg

2C61BED7-4413-4669-9E76-B449A6E86D4A.jpeg

D7C436B4-0DBF-49F7-B5E7-0C8C443AD28B.jpeg

6B40947E-BB34-4226-B6FE-7AD46DD0323B.jpeg

27C1351D-E9C5-4E0D-A9D2-756836FE54CB.jpeg

E7E2C040-B01A-4650-9E7E-965E87D2FD26.jpeg

8B94A7D5-963B-47F2-BE80-592FA5E0A3E7.jpeg

I agree with everyone else Javier - your work is superb. I’d love to see more examples, and details of your construction techniques (I showed my wife your pictures and she is now asking why I can’t make my models as small as yours as they would take up so much less space in the house!). 

Best wishes 

Derek

A lot of thanks to all of you for your kinds comments

6 hours ago, DelF said:

I agree with everyone else Javier - your work is superb. I’d love to see more examples, and details of your construction techniques (I showed my wife your pictures and she is now asking why I can’t make my models as small as yours as they would take up so much less space in the house!). 

Best wishes 

Derek

After making ships on a larger scale for years and not knowing what to do next with them, it was precisely the problem of space in the home, together with my facet of collector, which led me to make and collect miniature models ( I'm now making number 62 of my collection).

Regarding the techniques, I'm posting in the forum section “Build Logs for Scratch Ships Model Projects”a topic called “Two miniature moliceiros”, which without being a step by step, shows part of the process that I follow in the construction of my models.

In any case, I will be happy to answer all questions and doubts that may arise

A cordial greeting

Javier

On 29/03/2018 at 12:02 AM, AON said:

hope to see more - 

espero ver mas

Y yo tambien, Javier!     (me too!)

Bienvenido to this excellentissimo Forum!

Hello Javier, I visited your website today, what a fantastic collection of beautiful sailing craft. I also checked out the one build log on the two small craft. Please show us more in a new build log.

Michael

Thanks Michael for your comment.
Unfortunately I do not have images of the construction process of almost any of the boats in my collection. I only have photos of the construction of two or three of them.
Anyway, I'm going to open a new build log with the latest model that I just finished: a hoggie or hog-boat from Brighton.

A cordial greeting

Beautiful models Javier. 

Interesting you work in scale 1:160 as that is the same scale for N-scale model railroader as started by Arnold Rapido in Germany in the mid 1960s.   Those models would really enhance an N-scale model railroad layout.  I had such a layout but it is packed away now.

Welcome to MSW.

Hello Javier, congratulations on your models they are superb!! Great skill and workmanship.

Welcome to MSW.

Un saludo,

Renato