Hello from spain to everybody

Hello everybody

My name is Javier Barón, I was born in 1948 and I live in Madrid, Spain. Unfortunately, I do not speak English fluently, although I am able to understand the texts written in your language.

Therefore, I use the Google translator and in advance I apologize for any errors that may be contained in my writings. I have been a modeller for many years and I am currently doing a series of miniatures of small work boats (I have just finished number 61 of the collection). The collection can be seen at barcosbaron.wordpress.com and although the texts are currently in Spanish, I have a nephew of mine who is bilingual busy translating them into English.

To complete my presentation I put some pictures of my latest work: a bisquine of Cancale in miniature (scale 1: 160).

If you find it interesting, I will publish some of the models in my collection in the gallery.

48CC3106-FD3B-4825-8AF5-DA90A817D245.jpeg

2C61BED7-4413-4669-9E76-B449A6E86D4A.jpeg

D7C436B4-0DBF-49F7-B5E7-0C8C443AD28B.jpeg

6B40947E-BB34-4226-B6FE-7AD46DD0323B.jpeg

27C1351D-E9C5-4E0D-A9D2-756836FE54CB.jpeg

E7E2C040-B01A-4650-9E7E-965E87D2FD26.jpeg

8B94A7D5-963B-47F2-BE80-592FA5E0A3E7.jpeg

www. barcosbaron.wordpress.com

Very good small models Javier. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Your translation is good.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Welcome Aboard Javier

Your Models Are Beutiful

Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans

hope to see more - 

espero ver mas

Alan O'Neill
"only dead fish go with the flow"   :dancetl6:

Ongoing Build (31 Dec 2013) - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class

Member of the Model Shipwrights of Niagara, Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada (2016), and the Nautical Research Guild (since 2014)

Associate member of the Nautical Research and Model Ship Society (2021)

Offshore member of The Society of Model Shipwrights (2021)

Nice to sée you hère Ravier,i' e ever sée tour modèle on french forum and i'm happy to sée thème on msw

Of the bank I look at an ocean of pleasure, or the tumult attracts you, this global movement will be your tipcart!

current build:   royal caroline

buid finished:  la recouvrancehttp://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3025-la-recouvrance-by-ofencer29350/page-2?hl=recouvrance

Beautiful work, Ravier.  I hope to see a build log someday so we can how you make those small models.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:sign:

Greetings from Belgium.

Beautiful model.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Welcome Javier,

and enjoy your stay with MSW, Your model is looking excellent  :)

NIls

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me gusta mucho

Dick

Current build: 

Le Gros Ventre 1:48 POF   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/564-le-gros-ventre-by-woodrat-scale-1-48-pof-1767-french-exploration-vessel/

Past builds:

Mycenaean War Galley by Woodrat - 1:48 - Shell first Plank on Frame:https://modelshipworld.com/topic/33384-mycenaean-war-galley-by-woodrat-148-shell-first-plank-on-frame

Venetian round ship 14th century by Woodrat fully framed - 1:40 scalCompleted

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/17991-venetian-round-ship-14th-century-by-woodrat-fully-framed-140-scale

Venetian Carrack or Cocha 1/64 by woodrat   https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4915-venetian-carrack-or-cocha-164-by-woodrat        completed

United States Frigate Essex 1:64 POF   http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4496-usf-essex-by-woodrat-scale-1-64-fully-framed-from-takakjian-plans/ - completed 

Yenikapi12 by Woodrat - 1/16 scale - a small Byzantine merchant vessel of the 9th century

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/23815-yenikapi12-by-woodrat-116-scale-a-small-byzantine-merchant-vessel-of-the-9th-century-finished/

The Incredible Hulc by Woodrat - an experimental reconstruction of a mediaeval transport

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25641-the-elusive-hulc-by-woodrat-finished-a-speculative-reconstruction-of-a-mediaeval-merchantman-132-plank-on-frame/

I agree with everyone else Javier - your work is superb. I’d love to see more examples, and details of your construction techniques (I showed my wife your pictures and she is now asking why I can’t make my models as small as yours as they would take up so much less space in the house!). 

Best wishes 

Derek

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

A lot of thanks to all of you for your kinds comments

6 hours ago, DelF said:

I agree with everyone else Javier - your work is superb. I’d love to see more examples, and details of your construction techniques (I showed my wife your pictures and she is now asking why I can’t make my models as small as yours as they would take up so much less space in the house!). 

Best wishes 

Derek

After making ships on a larger scale for years and not knowing what to do next with them, it was precisely the problem of space in the home, together with my facet of collector, which led me to make and collect miniature models ( I'm now making number 62 of my collection).

Regarding the techniques, I'm posting in the forum section “Build Logs for Scratch Ships Model Projects”a topic called “Two miniature moliceiros”, which without being a step by step, shows part of the process that I follow in the construction of my models.

In any case, I will be happy to answer all questions and doubts that may arise

A cordial greeting

Javier

Many thanks - I look forward to seeing your build log.

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

• 2 months later...

Hello Javier, I visited your website today, what a fantastic collection of beautiful sailing craft. I also checked out the one build log on the two small craft. Please show us more in a new build log.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thanks Michael for your comment.
Unfortunately I do not have images of the construction process of almost any of the boats in my collection. I only have photos of the construction of two or three of them.
Anyway, I'm going to open a new build log with the latest model that I just finished: a hoggie or hog-boat from Brighton.

A cordial greeting

Beautiful models Javier. 

Interesting you work in scale 1:160 as that is the same scale for N-scale model railroader as started by Arnold Rapido in Germany in the mid 1960s.   Those models would really enhance an N-scale model railroad layout.  I had such a layout but it is packed away now.

Welcome to MSW.