New here, new to ship models.

So here I am, retired from the US Army, and, at 70 years old, I now have time to start a new hobby. I first started at the age of around 8 or 9, with balsa model WWI aircraft, gluing the ribs, assembling the airplanes, and covering the aircraft with tissue paper and using "dope" to both strengthen and color the aircraft in the appropriate colors. Spads, Sopwiths, Fokkers and the like.  Today, I received the Revell 1:96 plastic "Connie" kit and plan to build it. Over the last 2 months or so, I have researched the ship itself, it's history, and it's restoration. I have viewed several videos on Youtube of the original, and in it's current form as it sits in Boston harbor. Most especially, I was interested in the details of the current ship, particularly as it pertains to the color scheme. I have also researched the Revell model itself, and the inerrant problems with the latest rendition of the model. I have a great respect for that ship. I have no expectations of finishing the ship in te next few weeks. Indeed, I am planning on this build taking me in the neighborhood of one year, as I hope to give the ship the justice it so richly deserves. I am happy to now be on this forum, as I have a lot to learn from the members here, and I hope you will bear with me. I will do my best to document my build, in hopes that, mistakes and all, I may be able to help the next "newbie" who may someday find themselves in my shoes. Larry

Welcome to the forum Larry , i think like u most of us have returned to a childhood hobby after life got in the way . If u intend to add to the kit there are some great build logs on here that should be helpfull,,                     Have fun !!!

Boyd

:sign:

Greetings

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later...