Genesis by Omega1234 - 1/300 - 49m Mega Yacht - 8 inches long - Finished

Patrick,

Amazing you start with what looked like a scrap piece of wood that should have been a fire starter, and are ending up with a superfine mini yacht that had more curves than Marilyn Monroe. I forget the commercial it goes something like this " your looking good in the neighborhood" Well done Kudos:cheers:

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

22 minutes ago, John Allen said:

Patrick,

Amazing you start with what looked like a scrap piece of wood that should have been a fire starter, and are ending up with a superfine mini yacht that had more curves than Marilyn Monroe. I forget the commercial it goes something like this " your looking good in the neighborhood" Well done Kudos:cheers:

Hi John

Thanks for your comments, especially about the scrap piece of wood!  All jokes aside, that’s one of the things that’s always amazed me about our hobby.  

We start with just raw materials, but end up with something very different. A thing of beauty, of character and in most cases, soul...much like your wonderful Maori canoe model. 

Thanks again and have a great week. 

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick,

You have an unusual talent, keep all your minis, don't do what I did I sold the canoe and regret it. Yes could build another but not the same.:wacko:

John Allen

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

That's looking pretty spiffy Patrick; a diamond finish for a real gem :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

23 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Whaaaat? You sold it?

Sad but true, had other needs at the time can't eat wood.;)

John Allen

On deck

Finished

Nice little fleet developing Patrick. 

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Wow, you must have made a trip to Monaco! That’s quite the collection of super yachts!

looking great; it’s fun to see them all together.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Impressive marina you have there; thought of using them as props in the next 'Bond' film?  On second thoughts, better not do that, they have a habit of blowing their toys to pieces.

cheers

Pat

On 2/17/2019 at 3:08 AM, KeithAug said:

Nice little fleet developing Patrick. 

Thanks Keith!  It’s a tiny fleet, but at least it puts a smile on my face when I look back on the models, (as I’m sure all of us modellers do from time to time).

On 2/17/2019 at 3:29 AM, BenF89 said:

Wow, you must have made a trip to Monaco! That’s quite the collection of super yachts!

looking great; it’s fun to see them all together.

Hi Ben - great to hear from you!  I’m still very grateful for all of your help with Genesis.  Couldn’t have done it without ya!

On 2/17/2019 at 8:40 AM, BANYAN said:

Impressive marina you have there; thought of using them as props in the next 'Bond' film?  On second thoughts, better not do that, they have a habit of blowing their toys to pieces.

cheers

Pat

Hi Pat- Mmmm, there’s good money to be paid as movie props, but....kaboom...ouch!

On 2/17/2019 at 5:30 PM, cog said:

You are getting better, and better at it, Patrick. Each ship shows your progress

Thanks Carl - ‘practice makes perfect’, as they say!

On 2/18/2019 at 12:08 AM, canoe21 said:

Hello Patrick

I must apologize for not visiting your build log for some time now. Been a rather busy late fall and winter here so far. Ended up with a very bad case of the flue, seams that I gave it to my Admiral, boy oy boy two sickles at the same time, no fun at all.  Just starting to feel like living a bit as this drained the good right out of us.  Got into a minor fender bender with our 2007 Dodge Calibur, our insurance rented us a Santa Fe that my Admiral fell in love with so we, in turn, bought it. She gave the Caliber to our Grand Son as it had only 110,000 kg on it almost like new. Been able to work a bit om my Oliver Cromwell build but very slow at that, enough of my sad story!!!

You never fail to amaze me on just how you can get so very much fine detail into your very tiny little ships and here I can not even come close to you on my much larger ones.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Just love your Fleet shots, if one took away those giants hands I would be inclined to think that they are the real Mac-Koy because of all the detail, keep up the great work,                                                                                        ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                          Regards   Lawrence

Hi Lawrence - no problems and no need to apologise.  I’m glad to hear that you and your Admiral have overcome the flu.  That wouldn’t have been very pleasant.  The Santa Fe is a really nice SUV (I’m assuming that it’s the same as the Hyundai Santa Fe’s that we have here in Australia, though).

Happy driving!

Cheers and thanks for all of your Likes and comments.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

What a fine miniature collection Patrick...and with finished interiors to boot....man.

What skill to create such tiny nautical wonders....well done.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

10 minutes ago, rwiederrich said:

What a fine miniature collection Patrick...and with finished interiors to boot....man.

What skill to create such tiny nautical wonders....well done.

Rob

Hi Rob

Many thanks for the compliments!  Much appreciated. 

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks.

Well...Genesis’ owner has ordered her back to the paint-shop on numerous occasions over the past few weeks. The result is that her hull and superstructure has been sanded, patched and painted umpteen times. Her internal cabins has had Matt varnish applied to protect the appropriate areas inside.

Still lots of touching up to go, before her owner will be happy, though.

Cheers

Patrick

B940F2F3-BD40-4429-B890-543CE044B866.jpeg

E4C85569-05C9-427A-826D-A1DDC5E15A7A.jpeg

059ED2D5-2A51-4853-A853-01DF8D06EED3.jpeg

E7B30C68-DFD9-4EAF-8CD3-04114085163E.jpeg

625E947D-1CA9-4DB6-AA7B-9BB5571D806E.jpeg

F6FD3F94-682A-43AE-97D1-90C6FFFD7CC7.jpeg

D3B88C99-3D84-43C1-9EE0-34763C48A958.jpeg

131AC097-F304-4700-A4D7-9C6238A53E53.jpeg

343FA2CE-CA80-4839-BD5E-EC7A21FF953E.jpeg

CCF1C2E7-49C2-44E2-A3D6-A445EF1B335A.jpeg

B18AEB78-CBBD-4122-98C3-B052EE63FEBC.jpeg

477D943F-403C-4635-8206-5262EFEFAD8A.jpeg

C0AD72F6-08C5-4401-AC19-BD9D95E80D39.jpeg

D2013A5F-0DE1-4CFE-9BBE-F3C426929C0C.jpeg

DA69AFC7-BE1C-47C6-8E3D-B14D3A42C680.jpeg

2C554D07-EBB9-4F70-ADAA-433A60B20F43.jpeg

Well done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Excellent Patrick - so is it back to boats now you have finished your intergalactic space cruiser?

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

I think the owner will be very pleased with the product ;)

cheers

Pat

1 hour ago, KeithAug said:

Excellent Patrick - so is it back to boats now you have finished your intergalactic space cruiser?

Thanks Keith - I think you’re right.  These space cruisers are definitely out of my comfort zone.  There was a time when I used to only build wooden yachts, eg HMS Victory, Lennox, Pandora, etc.....

41 minutes ago, BANYAN said:

I think the owner will be very pleased with the product ;)

cheers

Pat

Thanks Pat - I hope so.  I reckon the quality of the painting and finishing is getting close to what i’m Aiming for (damn those close up photos under harsh lighting -they show up every imperfection and speck of dust).  

Note to self - For all future models - Finish the painting BEFORE adding the details.  Much easier😏!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

On 2/11/2019 at 1:22 AM, KeithAug said:

Pretty darn amazing Patrick. But I still think the designer was on drugs.

Nah he was working under a serious deadline and had broken his coke bottle glasses and was working without them...it was all a bit blurry.

Patrick, the photos of all the interior detail in the group pictures shows how amazing this model is, your attention to the tiny details has really brought the odd vessel to life.  well done indeed!

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

5 hours ago, michael mott said:

Nah he was working under a serious deadline and had broken his coke bottle glasses and was working without them...it was all a bit blurry.

Patrick, the photos of all the interior detail in the group pictures shows how amazing this model is, your attention to the tiny details has really brought the odd vessel to life.  well done indeed!

Michael

Hi Michael

Many thanks - You may be right about the ‘coke bottle’ glasses, because this is a design that challenges one’s perception of what is considered normal, or beautiful.  But, therein lies the charm for me.  As soon as I saw her photos, I just knew that I had to build her!

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

Love the photo shoot, very impressive.  Lovely work Patrick.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away for a while and sorry I missed your Genesis build.  It turned out great just like your other miniature marvels. You sure do pack your models with details and at such small scale.  Great stuff Patrick.

Gary

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

6 hours ago, FriedClams said:

I've been away for a while and sorry I missed your Genesis build.  It turned out great just like your other miniature marvels. You sure do pack your models with details and at such small scale.  Great stuff Patrick.

Gary

Thanks Gary

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi folks

My wife and I have just returned from 10 days in Vietnam.  What an amazing country (with all respect paid to the many Vietnam Vets here on MSW).

As the internet access was at best, patchy, my apologies for not following everyone’s logs.  I’ll catch up over the next week or so.

All the best!

Cheers. 

Patrick