Omega1234

Genesis by Omega1234 - 1/300 - 49m Mega Yacht - 8 inches long

14 hours ago, flying_dutchman2 said:

To the King of Itty Bitty scale:

The sleek yacht is beautiful. Excellent workmanship. Her lines are very pleasing to the eye. 

Marcus 

Hi Marcus.  Many thanks.  Yep, I gotta agt7with you - those sensuous curves, are certainly a standout feature of this design.  

4 hours ago, DBorgens said:

Sweet! So when is the launch and maiden voyage?

Dave B

Hi Dave.  Great to hear from you again!  The launch and festivities aren’t too far away; that is, as long as there aren’t any major boo boos along the way....

Hi folks!

Thanks for all of your Likes and comments.

A quick update for you on Genesis. Last night, I painted the first coat of matt red paint below the waterline. The painting of the rest of the hull and superstructure is still progressing, but will require several more applications of wet and dry sandpaper and  paint, before I’m satisfied with it. 

Have a great week.

Cheers

Patrick

9BA0707F-9A89-4A40-A161-6C70D19614ED.jpeg

B50F620A-542A-4159-8A7F-D5E3A4226722.jpeg

2E0A24DC-CF03-4D38-B5CF-D3CF579D0944.jpeg

A18EB0CD-6F21-452A-8CC5-EB538600C3B3.jpeg

Edited by Omega1234

2 hours ago, KeithAug said:

Pretty darn amazing Patrick. But I still think the designer was on drugs.

Hi Keith

That’s gotta take the ‘Comment of the Year’ Award!!  Loved it. 

Put a smile on my face; that’s for sure. 

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick,

Amazing you start with what looked like a scrap piece of wood that should have been a fire starter, and are ending up with a superfine mini yacht that had more curves than Marilyn Monroe. I forget the commercial it goes something like this " your looking good in the neighborhood" Well done Kudos:cheers:

22 minutes ago, John Allen said:

Patrick,

Amazing you start with what looked like a scrap piece of wood that should have been a fire starter, and are ending up with a superfine mini yacht that had more curves than Marilyn Monroe. I forget the commercial it goes something like this " your looking good in the neighborhood" Well done Kudos:cheers:

Hi John

Thanks for your comments, especially about the scrap piece of wood!  All jokes aside, that’s one of the things that’s always amazed me about our hobby.  

We start with just raw materials, but end up with something very different. A thing of beauty, of character and in most cases, soul...much like your wonderful Maori canoe model. 

Thanks again and have a great week. 

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Wow, you must have made a trip to Monaco! That’s quite the collection of super yachts!

looking great; it’s fun to see them all together.

Impressive marina you have there; thought of using them as props in the next 'Bond' film?  On second thoughts, better not do that, they have a habit of blowing their toys to pieces.

cheers

Pat

You are getting better, and better at it, Patrick. Each ship shows your progress

Edited by cog

Hello Patrick

I must apologize for not visiting your build log for some time now. Been a rather busy late fall and winter here so far. Ended up with a very bad case of the flue, seams that I gave it to my Admiral, boy oy boy two sickles at the same time, no fun at all.  Just starting to feel like living a bit as this drained the good right out of us.  Got into a minor fender bender with our 2007 Dodge Calibur, our insurance rented us a Santa Fe that my Admiral fell in love with so we, in turn, bought it. She gave the Caliber to our Grand Son as it had only 110,000 kg on it almost like new. Been able to work a bit om my Oliver Cromwell build but very slow at that, enough of my sad story!!!

You never fail to amaze me on just how you can get so very much fine detail into your very tiny little ships and here I can not even come close to you on my much larger ones.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Just love your Fleet shots, if one took away those giants hands I would be inclined to think that they are the real Mac-Koy because of all the detail, keep up the great work,                                                                                        ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                          Regards   Lawrence