HMS Victory by Barbara Lange and Dad - Scale 1:38

First step on our way to complete the running rigging. The sprit boom is up 😊. Don't ask how many times I attached it to the bowsprit,  though. Today I was so frustrated that I tore it down one more time, adjusted the martingales and now I am happy with the result. Dad is busy winding  the white ropes for the running rigging. 

20180427_143443.jpg

Wow!!! 1/38? What is the size of this monster???

Outstanding job, I must add!!!

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

Impressive ship, impressive scale !!:imNotWorthy:

For a beautiful model the house is never small ..

Do you share with us other ship details ...? B) Ondras

Ondras.

Done : President - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=90230
Under construction : Roter Lowe - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=114576

Member of the organizing clubhttps://wchs-c-2023.klom-admiral.cz/en

I would love to see a build log with photos of the building journey. As many as possible :)

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Ok. I can try. But that will take a while. As I said, it is my father, who is building it for 36 years now. I have to try and find pictures in his stuff. I already found a typed letter from Alexander McKay in which they discussed sanitary facilities for the crew. 😊

Edited by Barbara Lange

3 hours ago, Ulises Victoria said:

I would love to see a build log with photos of the building journey. As many as possible :)

As the Ulises Victoria writes. Surely you'll be adding detail photos of the ship from all directions. Thanks Ondras

Ondras.

Done : President - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=90230
Under construction : Roter Lowe - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=114576

Member of the organizing clubhttps://wchs-c-2023.klom-admiral.cz/en

OH......MY......GOD! Outstanding job is such an understatement!!!

This is one of the most beautiful builds I have ever seen, and I've seen quite a few!!!!

My great congratulations!!!

Wow...  takes the breath away to see the details and the precision work. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Wow! Something else. Monogrammed letters on the whole row of buckets. These are things I have not seen before. Staggering.

Like a hidden treasure suddenly coming to light.

I am sure there is a museum somewhere who would love to have it.

There is a wonderful model in the Melbourne museum of the Cutty Sark, which a local man spent his whole adult life making, and so the museum has put it on display.

I feel this model also deserves the same treatment.

Tim

Edited by Tim Curtis

Simply amazing.....

Current Build:     USF Confederacy 1778 - Model Shipways - 1:64

Completed:         US Brig Syren - Model Shipways - 1:64

San Francisco Cross Section - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Future build:        HM Granado - Caldercraft - 1:64

LeRenard - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Bonjour, c'est la 1ère fois que je vois un modèle du victory fait avec une telle précision. Pour ma part, j'ai commencé le Victory il y a 38 ans et je suis loin de le terminer car je ne connaissais pas les plans de Mc.Kay c'est seulement il y a 5 ans que j'ai pu les avoirs et ça m'aide beaucoup.

Je suis sous le nom de "isalbert".

Est ce que tu pense qu'il peut m'aider sur des pièces que je ne sais pas comment faire comme les filets ou les fameux seaux.

En vous remerciant,

Isalbert

Hello, this is the first time I see a model of victory done with such precision. For my part, I started the Victory 38 years ago and I am far from finishing because I did not know the plans of Mc.Kay it is only 5 years ago that I could have them and it helps me a lot.

I am under the name of "isalbert".

Do you think he can help me on pieces that I do not know how to do like fillets or the famous buckets.

Thanking you,

Isalbert

Hi Isalbert, feel free to ask. I will in turn ask my father. The problem is that he is forgetting so many things that I cannot guarantee that he will remember. Sometimes he does, sometines he doesn't.  Sometimes he remembers three weeks later... it is a very interesting ride we are on... 

The story of the buckets... 

I spoke with Dad about the buckets. He rememers making them with leather which he hallmarked with gold leaf. A friend of his had the metal embossing tools ( I'm sorry, I don't know if I am using the correct vocabulary here). He still has a few spare buckets. The handel is a piece of string, the leather edges are butted up against each other, no overlap. 

He ist enjoying your comments very much. If any one wants to see the model in real life and is willing to come to Germany/Munich, you are more than welcome to visit us. 

20180503_150352.jpg

20180503_150315.jpg

20180503_150251.jpg