Nordsee Krabbenkutter 1900 by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Authentic Models - 1:48

Carl stole my thunder  .........I wuz gonna say that.     oh well.........as with any game show.........whoever hits the buzzer first  ;)    that good to hear Sam.........good they caught the two knuckleheads that started the big ones!

hello Frank!  thanks for pok'in in and the good word :)   hope you are doing well :piratebo5:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I also found some time to devote to this project.   the revised block to raise the top sail higher was tied in place.   I trimmed some of the tell tale lines and began to make rope coils for them.  since I've added more to the rigging,  I spent time figuring where to belay the new lines off,  when the top sail is rigged in place.  here are a couple pictures of where I am at the moment.

903922784_1.jpg.9cd386fef2f08b03cbffae3f712aa7b9.jpg

1166776538_2.jpg.6f45caa539d4dcac64fe77ecfec7d8c0.jpg

there really isn't much left to finish her.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

thanks John..........I am as well ;)   I want to get the Thermopylae back on the table.

it was fun yesterday..........I was on fire,  working on three projects.  it felt good having that much fervor.   I miss the days where I would do this without batt'in an eyelash.  I do have to apologize for not feel'in my corn flakes.   what really sucks {can't think of a better word} about all this,  is it's not because of age or illness.  I'm in a 'box' and I can't do anything about it until something definitive happens.  it has to run it's course :(   on a good note :) ....I have an update!.......on with #3!

in rigging the top sail,  I need to add some belaying points.  I also need one for the jib.   so,  I added a couple more cleats..........and I mentioned I tied on another block........higher up the mast to decrease the billow of the top sail.  all of the sails will have some degree of billow,  so that's a good thing.

1624129990_1.jpg.3783a53b10411244a0692518df87b9ef.jpg

1266764055_2.jpg.ee705aaba295ecc558ce52107ee37e7a.jpg

you can just make out the cleats on the boom.   the bottom corner of the top sail will tie off on the horse,  which I still need to rig.   once all was ready...........up went the sail!

572834560_3.jpg.a35b8af64a07590dabc75fc131c887b7.jpg

442378993_4.jpg.f2f6a0339cc8f9a656c1325daf7307e8.jpg

after this sail is terminated.........rope coils and perhaps a couple more lines,  will be all that are left.   almost done!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Dennis,

This one slipped by me must have been asleep. WELL DONE:cheers:

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

hello John.......thanks for the good word :)   this is the first solid hull model I've done.   I have another one in the closet.......an old Marine Models PT boat.  one of these days,  I'll get to it ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thank you Robert  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Congratulations Denis

This ship looks MUCH better than it would have if I had built it.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

• 2 months later...

--> August 23 <--

thanks Lou........almost done!   I haven't had a chance to get back to her,  but I can't wait to finish her.    I'm sure you could have done as good a job.

you just got to believe............imagine ;) 

thanks for the good word Robert :) 

silly me.........forgot to hit the post button :default_wallbash:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I know it's been a good couple of weeks since I last worked on this project.   I had some free time today,  so I terminated a couple of lines.  I have one more to terminate,  and a few more to go,  and I can call this model finished.

1200819932_1.jpg.af19ef2982b810fcb05b2ec948f5dd56.jpg

enjoy  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Loving the sails mate  makes her really stand out.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

thanks OC......that's the way they set......I didn't do or add anything  ;)    thanks for look'in in!

thanks Lou for the like.........almost done mate!  :piratebo5:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

almost done mate! 

It is good to see her built, and even better to see your enjoyment in building her.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

it's been fun.....a lot different than what I'm used to.   thanks again Lou  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looks great! Sometimes these little builds are a nice, fun break from the big projects. I've got a couple I have been eyeing up myself but, then I start another big one! 🙄

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

thank you EJ  :)   

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks Sam  :)    hoping to finally give 'er the finishing touches soon.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• The title was changed to Nordsee Krabbenkutter 1900 by popeye the sailor - FINISHED - Authentic Models - 1:48