Santa Lucia by Fernando E - FINISHED - Panart - Scale 1:30

Hello Antony and many thanks for your very kind comments....very much appreciated.

I had a great time in the England visiting my sister in Polperro as well as seeing one of my daughters graduate from Manchester Metropolitan University with a Masters of Zoo Conservation and Biology....(a very proud Dad)!

I did get to Portsmouth and spent the day visiting the Historic Dockyard and spending a considerable amount of time on the Victory as well as the Mary Rose museum. In fact we did not leave the area until late in the day then spent a great evening in one of the local pubs for some fine ale and a local seafood dinner. The weather gods were very kind to us as in the 3 weeks we were in the UK I think it rained (very lightly) on two days😊

I was also lucky enough to visit Jersey to see where my daughter spent three months working at Durrell Jersey Zoo as part of her studies. I did have time to visit the Jersey Maritime museum in St Helier...I would thoroughly recommend a visit if anyone is there on a holiday. The ship models alone are worth seeing. 

As to my next project....the Admiral surprised me by giving me a copy of Ray Parkin's HMB Endeavour (1st Edition no less) which means she wants to see more of me at my shipyard! Having a look through the book plus the fold out plans makes me  keen to start on this model sooner rather than later but decided on one more build before the Endeavour which will give me more practice on planking etc and hopefully fewer mistakes in the future. That build will certainly be a marathon not a sprint!!!

I have a Modellers Central kit of the Colonial Brig Perseverance 1807 which was , I'm told, the first brig built in the early colony of Sydney. I'll be starting a build log in the next week or so.

I've also tagged you to make sure of keeping up to date with your Mayflower build....sounds very interesting and I look forward to your build log!

Cheers...............Fernando :cheers:

Current Builds - Colonial Brig Perseverance 1807 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - 1:48 scale

Previous Builds - 

S Lucia by Fernando E - Panart - Scale 1:30

Sloop Norfolk 1798 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - Scale 1:36 

• 1 month later...

Many thanks for your kind comments Rod....very much appreciated. I actually started the model back in early January (or should I say pulling it apart back then as it was my twin brother who started it some 25 years ago but realised it was way to difficult for him as a beginner. He gave me the kit to "sort out" and I gave it back as a birthday present!). I am semi retired and luckily had a bit of spare time to spend on it before I headed off overseas in July, hence why it was a relatively(!) quick build. I think you would find it a quick build as well after seeing what you are doing on the Endeavour. 😊 

As far as I'm aware Mantua/Panart still makes the kit. Last time I looked (some months ago) a kit was for sale on e-bay. 

Cheers..........Fernando  :cheers:

Current Builds - Colonial Brig Perseverance 1807 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - 1:48 scale

Previous Builds - 

S Lucia by Fernando E - Panart - Scale 1:30

Sloop Norfolk 1798 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - Scale 1:36 

• The title was changed to Santa Lucia by Fernando E - FINISHED - Panart - Scale 1:30