HMAS Vendetta 1925 by cog, popeye the sailor, and RGL - Showcase Models -1/350 - Finished

Contact sports ... Hmmm, cannot say I did, I've done some Kyokushinkai, Aiki Jitsu, been goaly at hockey. But that's probably all a squealer like me can handle ... How about you , you must have been a tough nut to crack

... darn, I did play footy .. at a table, at least those players aren't over paid :D

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Depends on the client mate ...

I did some "research" (testing my poor abilities) on a set of 2 Japanese subs (1/700), so I can extend my poor prowes on my next build (RN H class destroyer) since I'm waiting on parts from Ukraine. For those interested first image is a macro, the other one the way we would normally see it, if not blinded by whatever state of mind, a thank you to a few forum members for helping me out by giving some constructive feedback

5b2b6fecc6769_IMG_3606copy.thumb.jpg.f0c8a7b1c9a7ffa98e244e52891af308.jpg5b2b6ff94d895_IMG_3615copy.thumb.jpg.1e867ca2333655aa010acfecaa92443e.jpg

Edited by cog

Carl

13 hours ago, cog said:

SYF or should I write SYB and sit still

You just said back to my perch, you didn't mention that I had to shut up as well!:huh::(

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Lou, I'm tying the rigging of the funnels with "Rig that thing" I can't use distractions ... maybe just wring polly's neck :)

Thanks for the likes, RGL, CDW thanks for the praise, don't exaggerate though

Carl

No distractions just waiting quietly overhead for the next results from the use of the "Rig that thing" I was also going to give some deserved at-a-boys but I was in silence mode! :cheers::10_1_10:

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

never a dull moment with you two...it's a good thing you have something in common ;)    very nice work Carl....on both fronts.  the subs must be waterline models.  are you gonna do a diorama with them?  Vendetta's looking really good.....well done :) 

my turn to show my meager work.  I did some painting to the funnels.......while they were between coats,  I started on the rest of the deck.

5b2c6c962e746_1.jpg.ffa138628b51baa8f3fbdd974c171d97.jpg

Then I used that sooty black stuff I mixed up to do the side boards on the deck.

5b2c6d05c5a91_2.jpg.a2095e41655a076e66aa1faed882aa99.jpg

I'm still play'in with the PE.......there is a generator {or something or another} that locates near the aft funnel.

5b2c6d73ccddc_3.jpg.b7f62bfc50ce0fafec614a83b84d2ae1.jpg

I gave it a new face on both sides.   that part with the railing.......it will have to do.  I gave it some paint and cemented everything on deck that I have finished.  I left the fore and aft structure removable though...still more to do on them.  darn close up shows my shoddy paint work :huh:

5b2c6eea4fb3f_4.jpg.88e0ec66fd2d2e72de7134dff31e13d5.jpg

the aft section so far........

5b2c6f03bf5fc_5.jpg.2aeb991d028a6bbe9c56d5c876251a03.jpg

....and here is a starboard view.

5b2c6f250546c_6.jpg.34e082841c2ff99c42b47ef63969def4.jpg

for that platform aft of the funnel,  I found six PE covers for those hatches...kinda dresses them up a little.   hopefully,  I can get more done before I go back to work.   it will be a short work week though......I took Monday and Tuesday off.   Monday is our 30th anniversary {it's kinda like an eval at work......I'll see if she'll keep me or not  ;) }  wish me luck

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Denis, praise from the master of creativity! Yes, the subs should go into a diorama, I'm pondering on th water, since I'm not really willing to spend $65 on water, if it flows freely from the tap ;)

Funnels turned out good. Did you paint the insides black? It's easier when not yet "capped", but even with that beamed grating, you could still manage, be it somewhat difficult. I can't see anything wrong with your railing on that small rectangle, it's a small model so after the davits and the ship's boats are installed, you will hardly see the structure ... with PE, it's actually the more you do it, the easier it becomes, althoug sometimes you want to chuck it out of the window, especially when you have had a lot of jumping bling ...

Lou, I know you wanted to, thanks for letting me concentrate. I just did half of the funnels' rigging in 2.5 hours, 5 more lines to go ... gawd, it looks like I'll be spending the rest of my life on rigging this ship!!!

Carl

I need to see how and where you guys are terminating these lines.  I am wrestling with the searchlight tub at the moment......you ought to see how I solved the problem ;)    I didn't paint the inside of the funnels......didn't think of it really.   saving grace.........it will never be seen by those in the know  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

3 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I need to see how and where you guys are terminating these lines.  I am wrestling with the searchlight tub at the moment......you ought to see how I solved the problem ;)    I didn't paint the inside of the funnels......didn't think of it really.   saving grace.........it will never be seen by those in the know  ;) 

Do we really want to know ...

That's to be seen ...

Riggin', ragin', rantin' ... but in the end I got sometin'

5b2d309896041_IMG_3624copy.thumb.jpg.9e04abbb86a36294d6bad66e2e4d2276.jpg5b2d30a77ec8a_IMG_3625copy.thumb.jpg.166630660c75cdd2f14ae857740f1732.jpg5b2d30b475b50_IMG_3627copy.thumb.jpg.aee5d4e89670d2ddcf61e13ab4550efe.jpg

clearing off some loose ends and ready for the railing

Carl

look'in really good Carl.........your search light tower is different than what I'm seeing.  gotta go.....I see two tubs instead on one.  show ya when I get it assembled  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Very nice looking rigging Carl

If you don't mind, what kind of line did you use for the rigging. It looks very scale and doesn't over power the ship.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

1 hour ago, lmagna said:

what kind of line did you use for the rigging

I mind, Lou ;) "Rig that thing"  as I wrote before. I have EZ line too, but that was to coarse to my liking, to overwheling. This has the same properties, but is inifinitely thinner ... got it from a shop in the UK, not flea bay

Edited by cog

Carl

1 hour ago, cog said:

Rig that thing

Sorry I thought "Rig That Thing" was the tool you were using.

Thanks for straightening me out.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

1 hour ago, cog said:

You're stretching it

That's just it. I'm not stretching it, in fact I had never heard of it before.

What size did you use on this build? They show three sizes on their website.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Really nice work by both of youns.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Thanks Piet, and thank you all for the likes

Before I ruin everything ... with my brush, here is the, still  in brass, "railed" ship ship's boats added for some more colour and the port and starboard lights ... won't be long now ...

5b2e2f6db136d_IMG_3629copy.thumb.jpg.692d1349b0bf21847973fa1cba41e8b3.jpg5b2e2f7b4b8a1_IMG_3631copy.thumb.jpg.2302ecf80ec04e6e7e15ee0906d0f7d6.jpg

Carl