Mast trucks

While searching for info on the masts for my 1:96 MS  Phantom build, specifically the mast trucks, I came across this mast truck in an antique shop shown below that gave me some idea of its construction.

large.thumb.jpg.aa54fb9dc109eeac395eb77d10e5acbd.jpg

While searching further I found this picture in Doris's Royal Caroline build.

5afa1f5a3b981_flagtruck-v.jpg.eb4788cfed43989a61257f6ad9050bad.jpg

I made this comment in her current build of the Royal Katherine:

"You really pay attention to the smallest details, as can be seen by the flag at the stern of the Royal Caroline where you even detailed the truck on the flag pole.  Now, that is one detail that I have very seldom seen realistically addressed in such a small scale!"

After seeing this photo, I thought that I should be able to make something similar for the upper masts on my build.  I haven't made anything in clay yet, but after seeing her version I'll give it a try.  (I'm assuming that hers was made from clay) 

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.