canoe21

Oliver Cromwell by canoe21 - 1:48 scale

6 hours ago, DocBlake said:

I haven’t done a single project that didn’t require a redo.  I feel your pain!

Hello Dave

Yes, that is just one of the joys of model ship building. I really do not mind the redos that is for sure but then again I would much rather be moving forward,                                                  ENJOY                                                                                                                                                                                                 Regards   Lawrence

Regardless of the set-back Lawrence, it's a good ketch.  Rebuilds usually turn out even better, if that is possible in your case.

Keep smiling my friend.

Cheers,

10 hours ago, Piet said:

Regardless of the set-back Lawrence, it's a good ketch.  Rebuilds usually turn out even better, if that is possible in your case.

Keep smiling my friend.

Cheers,

Hello Piet

Thank you very much for your overly kind words and comments, I really do not deserve them. Today I hope to begin rebuilding the Magazine, it is just a case of refitting and adding a plank or two to the bottoms as I did lower the platform to give the little fellows a bit more headroom,            ENJOY.                                             Regards   Lawrence                                         

43 minutes ago, Kevin said:

wonderful progress my friend, LOL did someone say redo, thats my middle name, looking forward to seeing the progress of the new version

Hello Kevin

Yes, I have caught my self using one of those rubber rulers., and did run my self a bit short. It's not a big deal the big problem is finding the time to correct it. Seams to be so much to do around the old homestead,                                           ENJOY.                                                                                                                     Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you very much for all of your visits to my build log. Also for your very kind words and nice comments, also for all of your support in the correction of my little boo-boo.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have compliantly striped out the Lower Platform along with the Magazine. We have built and lowered the Lower Platform and had to rebuild most of the forward Magazine bulkhead, as due to our lowering the platform I could not add to this bulkhead and make it look ok. This also meant that we had to rebuild all of the doors again as the old ones were just too short.

So with this, all said we are back to last Saturday AM when we discovered that our Lower Platform was just too short to have room to build the cabins and the stairway on this lower deck.  

Now we can start looking ahead again and move forward in our build of the little ship the Oliver Cromwell,                                                     ENJOY. 

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5322.JPG

IMG_53181.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5320.JPG

IMG_5321.JPG

Very quick recovery Lawrence, You little hepers and you did marvelous. I can even say it looks better than the previous one

3 hours ago, Omega1234 said:

Hi Lawrence

You’re back on track, again!  Looking mighty good. 

All the best. 

Patrick

Hello Patrick

Yes, it is nice to be moving forward again. I tend to agree with you in that there is an improvement in the overhauled look of the Magazine Deck,   ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Regards   Lawrence

2 hours ago, Mirabell61 said:

Beautiful work Lawrence !

Nils

Hello Niles

Thank you for your nice words, I have been referring back to your HMS Pegasus that you did a fantastic job on, you have given me a lot of great ideas that I can and will add to my Oliver Cromwell, Thankyou,                                                                      ENJOY.                                                                                                                   Regards   Lawrence 

2 hours ago, cog said:

Very quick recovery Lawrence, You little hepers and you did marvelous. I can even say it looks better than the previous one

Hello Carl

I thank you for your kind words. Yes, the rebuild came together fairly well and like you say there is a little improvement, thanks to the little fellows.  Yesterday we completed the Fish or should I say the Liquor Room. It sure feels nice to be moving forward again,                                  ENJOY.                                                                   Regards   Lawrence

9 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Very nicely done, Lawrence.   One would never know that this is a first scratch build.  

Hello Mark

I do thank you for your very kind and nice words. However, this is not my first scratch build as I have scratch built the fishing schooner the Annie M Parker and also the Golden Hinds. However, this is my first POF Build a whole new ball game so to speak and this is what I do believe that you meant. Things are moving along very slowly with household chores piling up and getting in the way of the Old Ship Yard but we do find an hour or two here and there,                                                                           ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                                              Regards   Lawrence

Ooops... my bad. You're right and I should have qualified my post about it being framed.  :blush:

2 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Ooops... my bad. You're right and I should have qualified my post about it being framed.  :blush:

Hello Mark

No problem on this end, But then again this POF type build sure is challenging, I do have to stop and think at every turn,                        Enjoy.                                                              Regards   Lawrence

9 hours ago, Piet said:

Mighty fine work Lawrence.

Cheers,

Hello Piet

Thank you for your very kind words. Yes, the rebuild came out OK and even a little bit of improvement in the doing so. It sure is nice to be moving forward again. I have been working on the Caps. Store Room on the starboard side and should have an update later on today or at least I hope so,                                                                       ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                                                       Regards   Lawrence

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Great recovery, well done

Hello Kevin

I thank you very much for your very kind words. It sure is nice to be able to have that little extra room on the Lower Platform to add the Cabins and even have room for the stairs,                                                                          ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                                 Regards   Lawrence

Just now, Backer said:

Back on track Lawrence

Great work

Hello Patrick

Thanks for your very kind words and the little extra encouragement. I really do not mind the Redo's but then it is a nice feeling to be moving forward in ones build even if it is on the slow side,                                                         ENJOY.                                                                                                                                                                                      Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. Also for your many kind words and nice comments.                                                                                                                                                         

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have built and installed the hinges along with there lift rings for the Fish Room or should I say the Liquor Room.  We have also built and installed the two cabins on the starboard side the Captains Store Room along with the smaller Marines Room. Those two on the Port side the Stewards Room along with the Slops Room we will only outline these two cabins as they would obstruct ones view when the ship's ribs are cut for the up and coming cut-outs.                                                                                                 ENJOY

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5325.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

IMG_5323.JPG

Hi Lawrence 

Mmmm, let’s see.  Treenails, ring bolts, hinges, doors, door knobs, etc.  The more I look, the more details I see.

Very nice, Lawrence.  Very nice, indeed!

Cheers

Patrick

1 hour ago, Omega1234 said:

Hi Lawrence 

Mmmm, let’s see.  Treenails, ring bolts, hinges, doors, door knobs, etc.  The more I look, the more details I see.

Very nice, Lawrence.  Very nice, indeed!

Cheers

Patrick

Hello Patrick

I thank you very much for your overly kind words. Yes, I do like to add a bit of detail, I think it makes my ships look just a bit more realistic and besides that, it is a fun thing to do,                                                                                        ENJOY.                                                                                                                                       Regards   Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all for all of your visits to my build log. Also for your very kind words and nice comments.                                                                                

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have added the breakdown bulkhead to enable viewing once the cuts outs are applied. We have also added 12 gunpowder barrows to the Magazine. We would like to add a little fellow here working.  We have also added the overhead beams to finish of the lower platform area. Now we can move forward to the Well and Shot Locker that is much larger and looks like a lot of fun to build,            ENJOY.                                                             

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5326.JPG

IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

Hello Ship Mates

I again thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. Also for your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have built the Lower Well Locker. We have not installed it as yet as we want to keep it free for the Upper Loovered Well for fitting. That is as soon as we figure out just how we will cut those slots to hold the Loovers themselves and for the moment that is still very much up in the air so to speak,                                          ENJOY.                                

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5329.JPG

IMG_5330.JPG

IMG_5331.JPG

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log, and also for your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have managed to put in a few hours deciding just how to cur those Louvers for the Upper Well. We have decided to build a little jig consisting of a slot for my Byrnes miter and with a little riding fence and a slot for my slicing saw blade .028” thick. This I found to be a very tricky operation as one must cut upside down and seaming backward, but it does work. We have put together the back and one end to show you that it doses. We have left these pieces a bit oversize to allow for fitting at a later stage,                                                ENJOY.

Regards   Lawrence

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG