Kit Imperial Standart

Hello felllow boatsmen!

There is a ship that I just love and want to build a model of. I have searched for a long time for a kit

of her, but this far found nothing.

It is the Russian Imperial yacht Standart, built in Denmark. I think she looks gorgeous.

I am to much a novice to scratch such a ship, as I have seen actuallt beeing done here on MSW.

Today though I found a kit! From DeAgostini. Sadly though is seems to be only available in Russia :(

I cant read the page I found: http://yacht.deagostini.ru/

Now, do we have any russian speaking here, who might be able to read this, and tell me a bit of what that site says?

I really hope it is possible to get this kit. I live in Sweden btw.

Kind regards, Pontus

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48

You can use Google translate ( https://translate.google.com/ ) for the text.  Copy and paste into the google app and select the language you want it translated to.  Not always the best translation but you can usually figure out what the meaning is.

This is what the paragraph next to the picture says in Swedish;

i skala 1: 130
Samla dina egna händer en stor modell av denna magnifika yacht i en strikt svart uniform med en guldinredning som gick under den kejserliga standarden fram till utbrottet av första världskriget.

I samarbete med FGBU
"CENTRAL MILITÄR OCH MARITIMUSEUM"
MINISTERIET FÖR FÖRSÄKRING AV DEN RUSSISKA FEDERATIONEN

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

Thank you grsjax

The more I look at that site, I fear it actually is only available in Russia :(

A bit odd I would say, as De Agostini is a big company these days...

Darn. :( I really hope there is a way to get this...

/Pontus

Finishing Titanic 1/350 scale from Minicraft, Plastic. Partly scratch. Loads of PhotoEtch.

Upcoming builds: Syren from MS 1:64, Pegasus from Victory Models 1:64, Surprise from AL 1:48

Hello Pontus

It looks like you might be right but at the very least you should contact them directly, https://www.deagoshop.ru/ru/contact/ and ask them if they can deliver to you as well.

It looks like it may be a subscription and is delivered over a number of months.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Hi Imagna.

I did contact them yesterday. In english though.

Yes it seems like it is only a subscription, which makes it even a bigger problem :(

I fear this would be my only chance to find a kit of this ship/yacht, as it actually

is not a very well known one outside Russia, and even not very famous IN Russia.

Kind regards, Pontus

Possibly if it turns out that this model is not available to you that you can obtain the plans. If that is possible then it can be built. Don't let the idea of scratch building scare you away. In some ways it can be easier than building a kit.

I know what it is like to be stuck on wanting to build one particular vessel rather than a type or generic ship and the sources are just not available. I think your persistence will pay off in the long run and you will find a way.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Thank you Lou for your kind thoghts. I can get plans for this yacht but...I dont know...really

This place though: "www.ozon.ru" might actually sell to international customers, all issues in one go, not as subscription.

Again though the site they have on the interwebs is ONLY in Russian :( Hence I ask again if we do have

some russian speaking member who can help out here :)

Kind regards, Pontus

Continuing...

Ok that place ozon.ru DOES ship internationally.

Only not THAT kit though :(

DARN.

Is it military secret maybe?? I do not get this trouble there seems to be surrounding this kit...

Why cant I just PAY for it. I got good money.

Cheers...

I Googled that kit and found this.  You might get in touch with these folks:

http://forum.model-space.co.uk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=25565

In Post 6, the poster seems to think it'll be available in the UK sometime this summer

They may be able to help you, or maybe just commiserate with you - either way, it's something to try.

Richard

I did some Googling as well and pretty much came up with nothing on the kit. Plenty on the ship but no joy on the model. You may have to find a good friend in Russia that is willing to risk the Gulag to sneak one out to you.:huh:

Good luck.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Standard practice with deagostini: no kits, only subscriptions, and not all subscriptions available in all countries. (Or at least, not at the same time) I don't know how it is now, but last year Wasa did not ship to theNetherlands.

sometimes, ebay is your escape: someone starting the subscription,but dis not start it, and now resells. But as this one is available only in Russia, I don't think your chances are very high......

Jan

Thanks for your input guys.

Lol @ Lou :) Gulag...

I will check that link Richard.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

This problem has been solved :)

A fantastic new friend, a member here on MSW, has helped me.

He is born in Russia but lives here in Sweden these days.

To make a long story short: He dared getting the kit out from Russia, under

the nose of the cheka ;) All went well and he is NOT in the Gulag now :)

Conclusion for those who might be interested in this ship/kit:

You can NOT buy it from outside Russia. They are NOT interested in our money. Odd.

Kind regards from a happy Pontus

Edited by VonHoldinghausen

• 4 years later...

Hey Pontus @VonHoldinghausen, have you built the yacht? If yes, do you have any photos that you can share?

I have recently joined this community and just found this post because I'm building the same kit at the moment. I bought it a few years ago and started building but then took a long break and now back to it again. :)

Edited by michaelmix

Hi there, eller Hallå där, som vi säger i Sverige :)

No, I have not started it yet, life came rushing. :(

But I do actually MAYBE soon have time to start it, I really, really hope so.

Kind regards och God Jul