Chuck

New MSW Group Project in the works........also requesting feedback....

Quick little Poll about future MSW projects - multiple choice, you can select more than one per question  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer that

• All of the group builds be scratch projects only with a plan download....
    • Or would you prefer that some were semi scratch where a starter package was offered or other elements for folks who dont have the tools yet.
    • Or would you like to see an NRG sanctioned complete kit for a group build
  2. 2. Would you prefer

• That all of the projects were plank on frame
    • That we also create some entry level/intermediate level plank on bulkhead only projects
    • Possibly solid hull or made from lifts
  3. 3. Would you like to see group projects developed for

• Smaller complete vessels and boats only like a schooner or long boat or cutter
    • cross sections
    • bow sections
    • stern sections
    • certain fittings for very small projects like doing a double capstan or making a brodie stove
    • Half model
    • I like larger frigates and liners and have no interest in smaller subjects
  4. 4. Do you mind paying

• A small fee similar to the Triton project for a plan download only
    • I would pay for starter package in the $25 - $50 range
    • I would pay for a starter package in the $50 - $100 range
    • I would pay for a starter package in the $100 - $150 range
    • I would pay for a printed set of plans only for a scratch project in the $40-$75 price range
    • I would NOT pay to join a group project but if they were free I would join up
  5. 5. Would you commit to joining a group build and start a build log for one of the projects listed below that are available right now or within a few months. Six commitments needed to start a group build.

• The Galley Washington (NRG Owned) Currently no starter package or kit, plans only - POF
    • The Oyster Sharpie (NRG Owned) No starter package or kit, plans only - POF
    • The Hayling - Currently no starter package, plans only - POF - 1/4" scale
    • The HMS Winchelsea 32 gun frigate - Starter Package and mini kits - 1/4" scale -POB
    • Medway Longboat 1742 - Complete kit - 1/2" scale - POF
    • None of the above....I will wait till you guys pick another subject

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Its not a physical group....to clarify....if you dont join this online group (similar to TRiton Group)  then you must wait to buy them.  But if you join the online group....LIke TRiton, which is just a group of build logs of the longboat all in the same area.  The group we are referring to is just the online group put together here on MSW.  Not a physical group in your geographical location.

roger, understood

It is indeed.   We are setting these groups up here specifically for just that reason....because many of you dont live close to a physical group of people in order to have one locally.

Eric; very nice model especially since little info is available. It certainly reminds me of the wonderful book "Undaunted Courage " and the pain that group encountered with the boats...Moab/Allan