Hi fellow modelers,

Where are the kedge and stream anchors kept on the Endeavour? I have searched high and low, but only find bower and sheet anchor positions, either in photos or other illustrations.

Caz

Hi Caz, drawings/sketches of their locations may exist but I have not seen them; someone like Shipaholic may be able to better inform you with the research he has done.  That sid, I believe the general practice, of the time, was to stow (lash down) the 'stream' anchor on the starboard main channel and the kedge on the port mizzen channel.  I cannot provide a reference at this stage but have read it somewhere and I stand ready to be corrected :)

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thanks Pat. It definitely helps. I was thinking to put the Bower with the kedge on the port main channel, the sheet and stream on the starboard, in the end I suppose it does not really matter as long as it can be seen. I am almost done with the ship. Should be complete end of June. The anatomy of a ship you sent me  in 2015 was a great help! Thanks again Pat.

Casper

No problem Casper; glad the book helped.  The bowers were definitely in the 'bows'; some ships had two different sizes with the larger or 'best' bower to the stbd side I think.  In Endeavour though, I think they were both the same size. 

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)