HMB Endeavour by Blacky - OcCre - 1:54 - First wooden ship build

7 minutes ago, HMS Artful said:

Hi Blacky,

I’m glad you fixed your hull problem, did you go with filler in the end or use a thin strake. I’m loving the colours your using; How many coats of white did you use in the end on the lower hull. This ship is lovely and this kit is going to be on my wish list. I definitely want to build the Occre version, as I like the larger scale. I’m looking forward to your next update. 
Kind regards 

Glenn 😀

I used filler, and after painting it looks great. Details are still there and it looks compact in scale. Btw I started working on it this year after 2 years of pause and will post pictures soon

• 7 months later...

Good afternoon. I am giving some thought to building the wood model Endeavor. I have built several very detailed plastic models and have the logs here on MSW. The Heller HMS Victory and Le Soleil Royal are just two. Both of which took or will take a couple years to complete. I have decided I want to attempt a wood model and really like the Endeavor. For some reason I am really drawn to the OcCre version. Before I make such a huge purchase I am curious what you he builders if this model think and recommend. Would you mind to share your general review? It would be greatly appreciated. 

• 3 months later...

Since it is my first model it is hard to tell how good it is. I see that other builders say it is all right. Wooden parts are of good quality. Depending how high you aim other parts can be good enough for you. If you want to improve your build than you will need aftermarket parts or make them yourself. Me personaly purchased new guns and ropes from syren ship model co. and few other parts. I still dont have enough tools to build them myself.

After few years of other hobbies and raising a child i lost my interest in modeling and now finally i am continuing my build. Here are few pictures of my progress. This is still my first ship so i am learning along the way.20230720_004633.thumb.jpg.b59c0333998a399bac55c83e7b5800b0.jpg20230730_010400.thumb.jpg.ac2f2f7c261e1b759abd46e498b3a307.jpg20230730_010539.thumb.jpg.7f05f384a6410531a15cf7852c1721fe.jpg20230730_010610.thumb.jpg.f94f093d63fddec9c124fe96947b44ba.jpg20230730_010526.thumb.jpg.2c29a5cf7b964435813ab0ca1ce65378.jpg

• 6 months later...