Hi Y'all from Charlottesville

Simply put, I'm glad to be here. 

I started an AL Swift about 8 years ago, but my career and military service seemed to get in the way a bit.  All too common story, as I've been making my way through these forums.  I'm rereading Mastini and getting a lot from you folks. 

Funny story, I pulled the model out of the packers box after we moved, and my wife said, "Hey, did you make that, it actually looks really good."  Compliment full of knuckles, I suppose.  *actually*... pbfttt...  *grumble*

Well, my life may have slowed enough to re-engage the model. 

I look forward to any/all advice and assistance from fellow modelers. 

JD

ps-  Is there a repository for various instructions and plans?  I seem to have lost some of them for my model.  I'd hate to try to wing it with photo searches on google.  Thx.

JD

There have been several editions of the AL Swift.  If you still have the box, there’s a date on it, and you might find a date on whatever of the instructions and drawings you have.

Let us know what you find, and what docs you have. Perhaps someone among the numerous who have done it have your edition.

Welcome, and Good Luck

Richard

You are not alone with losses like this. We all share the experience. I have had luck with the internet seeking even parts for a model from a defunct manufacturer. So broaden your search to forums out there. There has to be someone who can help.

Oh and" Y'all gonna love it here" as they used to say to me (a Yankee) when I lived in Texas.

Joe

:722972270:

Mark
Phoenix, AZ

Current builds;

Previous builds, in rough order of execution;
Shipjack, Peterbrough Canoe, Flying Fish, Half Moon, Britannia racing sloop, Whale boat, Bluenose, Picket boat, Viking longboat, Atlantic, Fair American, Mary Taylor, half hull Enterprise, Hacchoro, HMS Fly, Khufu Solar Boat.

On the shelf; Royal Barge, Jefferson Davis.

:sign:

Greetings Patrick

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

It’s quite nice to see so many welcoming sentiments, thanks.

UPDATE:  I contacted Artesiana Latina for the instructions mentioned above.  Lighting fast response.  They sent me a link to a zip file with all the instructions for download.  Hi-res files, too.  So, I’m all set for instructions.

But, is it proper to post those on this forum for poor saps like me who may have lost theirs?  If so, where should I post them.

Again, thanks for the help.

JD

Hi JD,

Welcome to MSW.   It's great that they had the instructions available.   There's no place to post them as MSW does not support the posting of copyrighted material.  However, if you ever see someone asking for instructions to an AL kit, you can point them in the right direction.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

9 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Hi JD,

Welcome to MSW.   It's great that they had the instructions available.   There's no place to post them as MSW does not support the posting of copyrighted material.  However, if you ever see someone asking for instructions to an AL kit, you can point them in the right direction.

Ah, well, I’ll just do that then

JD

I’m glad you got the correct plans for your Swift.

And what you’ve done so far looks great!

I hope you’ll start a build log so we can follow your progress to completion.

Richard

I’m glad you got your plans.  I’m frankly surprised by AL’s rapid response.  That’s not the reputation the generaly have, at least from my experience.  Glad it worked out well.  Yes, post a log!

Edited by DocBlake