Koppalakki

USS Missouri by Koppalakki - FINISHED - Tamiya - 1/350 - 1991 configuration with Pontos detail set

Posted (edited)

dynamic use of color.......very well done on the detail as well ;)    sweet!

the comment above was for the finished bridge........I forgot there was another page here :o   seeing it on the model is simply jaw dropping!   the ship is drop dead gorgeous! :imNotWorthy:

Edited by popeye the sailor

Only small work on the Missouri this weekend.

I attended Nordic challenge model show today here in Finland. Last time I brought a model to a show was back in 2004 so it was long time due.

I brought my Uss James E Williams to the show and it was recieved amazingly well!

I placed 1st in ship class and also got named Best Ship, Best of Show and Best Model chosen by IPMS Finland.

About 350 models were in the contest (not many ships though 🤔) and the quality of all the models amazed me.

Standing proudly!

Y0yleMOh.jpg

More pics will prolly come up in the following days here!

http://www.pienoismallit.net/tapahtumat/2018/nordic-challenge/kuvat/

I finished the top mast. Then suddenly I started to grave for some rigging. Few hours later the beast was rigged!

Tried to get it as accurate as I could with the reference I had available. Also rigging being one of the things I strive to get better aswell!

Maybe some mad rigging project next who knows!

nSqShpGh.jpg

uMyxTBWh.jpg

pvc7RORh.jpg

IGHXERvh.jpg

83TznMVh.jpg

kS0R7WRh.jpg

Yq7X9ODh.jpg

Also finished the Harpoon launchers if you didn't notice!

m4oIlcfh.jpg

4 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Not only is your model impressive but so is the close-up photography.  Great work on both !

Cheers, I don't do photography otherwise except for taking photos of my models and I don't know jacks "#¤% about photography and I only use a mobile to take photos so it's good to know they are at acceptable level even of my shortcomings in that area!

Excellent Build!! I went through it and yes I like the new phone could see the shading much easier and so subtle I am with you less is better in most cases.The info about the shading and the layers I started thinking I had seen some of your work on another site ya'll live in the same neck of the woods though I think he is in Norway(?) Fantastic Job!! :imNotWorthy: Kevin

Some smaller details I've been working on.

Added some warning lights near the aft boom.

Used some 0.2mm brass wire to get the basic shape of the lights.

After this the light bulb section was build up using white glue.

After painting the bulb section is first painted chrome silver, then some light clear orange.

The usual electric lines added.

2czKK8Rh.jpg

rAr5Xooh.jpg

One RQ-2 Pioneer standing on the platform ready to be launched.

Some addition details to the pioneer equipment.

Containers for the equipment added behind the aft turret.

4v8kuiWh.jpg

6KEo7VFh.jpg

3TmbhRqh.jpg

Started to add the life rafts.

F7JdFMxh.jpg

Some grab handle ladders and some leasure activities added.

iNtW77Gh.jpg

All the rest of the directors finished.

j0NlTp3h.jpg

Anchors and jack staff finished.

B0a7njuh.jpg

Liking the touches !What about the red ladder something they used for fire control?Also how did you determine to paint the front railing lines black on the bow area but others are not? ;) Kevin

Edited by Javlin

1 minute ago, Javlin said:

Liking the touches !What about the red ladder something they used for fire control?Also how did you determine to paint the front railing lines black on the bow area but others are not? ;) Kevin

If you look at real pictures of the ship you can see that there are 2 types of railing. Solid and ones with wires running through them. The ones painted black are simulating the wire ones.