Crowfeet

I need help... 

Please let me know; how much have to be the proportion of the distance of the euphroe form the top rim according to the diameter of the crowsnet? Or another ratio between other two things that should give me the opportunity to calculate the possible lenght of the crowfeet.

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

6 hours ago, druxey said:

In contemporary rigged models, the euphroe appears to be about the length of the top to 1 1/2 the length away from the front of the top along the stay.

Thank you druxey,

If I understood correctly, if the lenght of the euphroe is 1 unit, the distance from the front of the crowsnet to the euphroe have to be 1,5 unit.

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

5b4c027a160d3_Cstandingrigging13.2.thumb.jpg.f2c9c13897815de4e697eebbcd567c45.jpgNo, the length of the top (platform) is the unit. The euphroe sits forward of that be one to one and a half lengths down the stay.

C main top crowsfeet 21.1.jpg

Edited by druxey

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Don't think I would like to be the one who had to tension the euphroe tackle!

All the best,

Mark P

Previously built models (long ago, aged 18-25ish) POB construction. 32 gun frigate, scratch-built sailing model, Underhill plans.

2 masted topsail schooner, Underhill plans.

Started at around that time, but unfinished: 74 gun ship 'Bellona' NMM plans. POB 

On the drawing board: POF model of Royal Caroline 1749, part-planked with interior details. My own plans, based on Admiralty draughts and archival research.

Always on the go: Research into Royal Navy sailing warship design, construction and use, from Tudor times to 1790. 

Member of NRG, SNR, NRS, SMS