Hello from Ontario

Hello to all!  I’m a relatively newly retired fellow and a new modeller.  I’ve started on the St. Roch kit a short time ago and have found the builders logs very helpful (a big thank you to those generous modellers).  The Billing Boats Bluenose is on deck and waiting patiently beside my work station.  I’m looking forward to successful builds on those two and then will be researching what to tackle next.  I’d love to take on the HMS Victory or the equivalent when I get a few kits under my belt.  I look forward to getting schooled big time on this site. 

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mark and welcome to the merry crew of the MSW.  :cheers:

Cheers............Fernando  

Current Builds - Colonial Brig Perseverance 1807 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - 1:48 scale

Previous Builds - 

S Lucia by Fernando E - Panart - Scale 1:30

Sloop Norfolk 1798 by Fernando E - Modellers Shipyard - Scale 1:36 

Any videos of the pipes available, Mark? 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Mark welcome to this forum and the world of ship modeling. I hope you find it engrossing and worth the investment. There will be anguish and quiet satisfaction along the way. It is part of the journey but always know that is normal.

I have built the Bluenose from the original A.J. Fisher of the 1980s and it was my first endeavor. Yes there was some do overs but the lessons learned carries on . She is a beautiful model.

Joe

Thx Joe.   There’s a whole new world to get up to speed on, lots of thrills and spills to look forward to.  I’ve found at least to two steps members have mentioned on the build logs for the St. Roch that were not included in the plans so the site’s experienced builders have already been a huge help.

Bilge Rat....As to the pipes, there are many better pipers than I on YouTube, but given a dram or two, a video might magically appear.

Mark

I've done quite a few of the YouTube's.  Also have some old vinyl LP's..  :)  Very soothing to me for some reason.

Oh.. before I forget.. Bilge Rat is job not name.  :D  Sort of like "Jack" from the 1st Muppet Movie. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

:722972270:

Greetings from Belgium

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum