bigcreekdad

Wood options for Cutter Cheerful besides boxwood

Getting frustrated. I'm at the point where I need to buy wood. However, trying to find boxwood has been difficult. The Lumberyard's website for sheet stock tab takes you nowhere, and Crown Timberyard won't let you in unless you enter a password..huh?

In any case, I am going to build with some other type of wood. Leaning towards pear. Any suggestions?

This might seem obvious, but why not get your wood from Syren?  LINK

They offer the kit anyway, but Chuck also offers milled wood if you want to do your own thing.

Within the last few  months I have purchased some additional Boxwood timber strip for my Cheerful build from Jason.

I started the process by an e-mail directly to him,  we agreed the order, a paypal invoice was generated,  and when shipped a tracking reference was issued.

The order was received in good order  and was beautifully milled..🙂

B.E.

Syren has Boxwood sheets in stock and ready to ship.   Just download the new wood list sheet that has been developed for the shorter 14" long stock I carry.  The only thing I cant offer yet is the 13/32" strip for the mast.  I dont have stock that long at the moment.  So you can order everything else ala carte.  That is the only reason I havent put together packages yet.   No need to wait.

Click here

https://www.syrenshipmodelcompany.com/resources/Wood list.pdf

If you prefer swiss pear....I have that too!!!!  all ready to ship immediately.

Chuck

I purchased boxwood sheets from Syren for my Cheerful at the Northeast Joint Clubs Conference and I am very pleased with the quality of the wood.  I have purchased other items from Syren and always received quality products and quick shipping.  You will not be disappointed with Syren products or the service Chuck provides.

Posted (edited)

I have also ordered wood sheets from Chuck at Syren and it's very nice. He ships super quick. I get it all the way across the country in 3 or 4 days. While your looking over Chucks wood have a look at the Yellow Cedar. I'll probably use some for my next project.

Edited by alde

7 hours ago, bigcreekdad said:

Getting frustrated. I'm at the point where I need to buy wood. However, trying to find boxwood has been difficult. The Lumberyard's website for sheet stock tab takes you nowhere, and Crown Timberyard won't let you in unless you enter a password..huh?

In any case, I am going to build with some other type of wood. Leaning towards pear. Any suggestions?

Syren (chuck ) has yellow cedar, and it looks grait

Svein.erik