Taka by mhmtyrl - FINISHED - 1:35 - Black Sea Coaster

Dear all,

after a long time I am in the workshop again 🙂 this is my new model Taka, kind of boat which has been in service till 1990's or so in black sea region of Turkey, mainly used for cargo or fishing purposes.

the model will be a diaroma, so no planking below the water line. I applied some weathering to one side, later to be applied to all parts. 

Mehmet

20180727_143155.jpeg

20180727_143200.jpeg

20180813_172059.jpeg

20180813_172108.jpeg

20180813_172115.jpeg

20180813_172146.jpeg

20180813_172152.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well done!:cheers:

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Looking great and the weathering is perfect.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

3 hours ago, mhmtyrl said:

thank you all for comments and likes

do you think that condition of bilge pump is way too bad? I mean is the weathering too much? would like to hear your comments.

Hi Mehmet

Well...my first reaction on seeing the pump was, ‘now that’s rusty!’  But, if you think it’s in keeping with the overall look and feel that you’re trying to achieve, then it looks appropriate.

Cheers. 

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

On 2/11/2019 at 7:57 AM, Omega1234 said:

Hi Mehmet

Well...my first reaction on seeing the pump was, ‘now that’s rusty!’  But, if you think it’s in keeping with the overall look and feel that you’re trying to achieve, then it looks appropriate.

Cheers. 

Patrick

Hello Patrick, thanks alot for comments, I guess I will slightly renew it.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, G.L. said:

Mehmet,

I find the weathering very realistic. However if it was a real boat I would rather prefer to stay on shore.

Do you still plan to put it in a diorama?

Thank you very much. I also think that this boat is more suitable for shore in reality, but I will use it as a working boat. my problem is this actually, I can not weather the boats in an acceptable way for service :-) hope will achieve one day...

• 1 month later...

Wow.. there's a lot of detail there that merits close examination...   I love the pump working.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

15 hours ago, G.L. said:

Mehmet,

A very nice model again. Congratulations!

How did you make the sea surface and the waterjet from the pump?

thanks a lot :-) sea surface is epoxy resin and acrylic medium gel. after resin is dried completely I added medium gel randomly, when dried looks like ripples. water from the pump is thin stripe of transparent folder cover, covered with hot glue. later on I added some resin on it. you can bend it the way you want then.

1 hour ago, Griphos said:

Beautiful work and incredible details. Judging from the ripples along the hull, she’s making pretty good way, but I don’t see any engine controls. I’m assuming diesel power?  

I love models of working boats. 

Thank you Griphos, these kind of boats are not in service for a quite long time, I dont have much info about the engine type or so...