leehound

Starting this hobby Again

I tried model ship building 25 years ago and at the time wasnt able to really devote the needed time. Now that my kids are grown, my head is in a better place. :)

I had a Harvey kit, not sure the manufacturer, but it was ruined by water. I am expecting a new kit to arrive, Model Shipways Mayflower. I am really looking forward to starting this hobby again.

Thanks

Scott Leland

Hello Scott,

Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us.

There are a lot people here who are willing to help and advise. And we all learn from each other.

I hope you will contribute a buildlog of your Mayflower.

To help you find your way around the forums, please have a look at the topics in our 'Questions/instructions on how to use and post to this forum/Site Problems or suggestions'. It contains a lot of tips.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/47-questionsinstructions-on-how-to-use-and-post-to-this-forumsite-problems-or-suggestions/

Good luck and happy modeling with your Mayflower.

Take care,

Anja

Welcome back to the world.  Stay in touch and give us updates on your new Mayflower.

Scott

Guest midnight

Welcome Scott and welcome back to the hobby . Just take your build slow and ask as many questions as you need . The first tool I recommend is patience , it's also the second and third tools .

Nice to meet you Scott. You have come to the right place for help and encouragement! My best advice is to start a build log as soon as your kit arrives, trust me you will gain a following of other builders who will be able to answer kit specific questions, and give lots of encouragement through each phase of the build,

Welcome back to the ship modeling world! There are a plethora of builders and build logs here full of helpful information.