Golden Hind by dkuehn - Dusek - Scale 1:72

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working, but it has been slow going and I've made changes with paint that I wasn't happy with. On the box the top color is a light blue, I don't really like that so I went with a darker blue color. That ended up looking really bad, so I painted over it with some yellow ochre that I had left over from my Lady Nelson. 

I had mentioned the possibility of doing a second planking with the boxwood that I ordered from Model Expo. The wood that I received didn't look like what I was expecting and I'd rather have an incorrect planking line than the yellow planks. I did however use some of that wood to plank the decks. I saw in another thread how the laser etched deck sheets bubbled up on another Dusek kit, so I decided to just plank it with the wood I got from Model Expo. 

I'm a little heavy handed and have had to repair the bulwarks several times where they are above deck level, they are easy to break if you aren't careful.  The next thing I have to do is the bulwarks framing pieces and then start on the deck fixtures. 

It is far from perfect, but I'm happy with it. 

20181004_114530.jpg

20181004_114545.jpg

20181004_114616.jpg

The bulk of the shrouds are rigged, still have some mizzen mast shrouds to do and I need to tie the shroud pairs at the top on all the masts. Then it's lots of ratlines mixed in with gunport doors. The guns on the bulwarks I'll do after the ratlines, they tend to catch the line as I'm tying it. 

20181014_113247.jpg

20181014_113302.jpg

Edited by dkuehn

It's basically done.  There are a couple more things I can do to it, but I may or may not. I'm calling it done. I have the MASTER KORABEL BRIGANTINE PHOENIX on the way from Model Expo, should be here next week. I may try to shoot for more patience and higher quality work on that one. We'll see how that goes. 

Here are the final pictures to wrap up this build log. Thanks for following along.

20181026_181500.jpg

20181026_181516.jpg

20181026_181527.jpg

20181026_181534.jpg

20181026_181541.jpg

20181026_181551.jpg

• 1 year later...