Studding sail guy

I've resurrected my MS USS Conny some months ago. I had stopped building once in the middle of the 3000 rivets and once when I couldn't get the Windows right!

On the plans for the deck there is a reference to a Studding Sail Guy on the sides where you have the cleats sheaves etc. I've searched everywhere but I can't find what kind of fitting this is! 

Your help would be sincerely appreciated. 

John Gilchrist 

Rosenberg Tx 

John Gilchrist
Yukon, OK

Current build: MS Emma C Berry

Completed: MS Fair American, MS Armed Virginia, MS Pride of Baltimore, Mississippi River Steamboat, Peterboro Canoe, MS USS Constitution, Mayflower, Billings African Queen

The studding sail guy is a rope used to help support and steady the studding sail boom.  When the boom is swung out into position for spreading the foot of the lower studding sail the guy ropes run from near the outer end of the boom to points on the hull to steady it in position.  You could simply fit an eyebolt into the hull to take the end of the guy.  Or you could lead it onto the channel to belay there.

Regards

Edited by popeye2sea

Henry

Laissez le bon temps rouler ! 

Current Build:  Le Soleil Royal

Completed Build Amerigo Vespucci

Thanks! It's always easier than what you might think it is, but why didn't they simply say eyebolts? If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't have a clue as to the right answer. 

John Gilchrist
Yukon, OK

Current build: MS Emma C Berry

Completed: MS Fair American, MS Armed Virginia, MS Pride of Baltimore, Mississippi River Steamboat, Peterboro Canoe, MS USS Constitution, Mayflower, Billings African Queen