Hello from Missouri

Ozark

Hello everyone. 

Well the model ship building bug as has struck me again.  Back in the late 70's I first saw the Revell 1/96 scale model of the constitution, I just fell in love with it. It took a year or so before I bought it. I started it and was almost done with the standing rigging when I met a girl. I never got to finish it, but have been thinking about it ever since. 

Well, after finding this and many other web sites, about model ship building. I have decided to finally finish it. So yesterday I ordered it. I will dedicate this fall and winter to building it.  My plan is to fallow along with Andymecks build log, and others.

It should arrive this Friday, and I will start my build log after that.

I am really looking forward to this,

Also where do I post questions? I have a few questions about what glue's to use, Should I just go ahead and start the build log, and ask there?

Ozark  

Edited by Ozark

Welcome to MSW, Ozark.

By all means, start a build log.  It'll be the best way to get help and encouragement with the build.

As for general questions like glue... there's a plastic area here:  https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/58-general-ship-model-kit-discussions/

And for tech type questions or research there's here:https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/forum/12-shop-notes-ship-modeling-tips-techniques-and-research/

And there's an index which would point you to other builds: 

Explore the site, use the search function (upper right hand corner).  Once you're comfy, ask away...

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW from a fellow Missourian. There aren't that many of us here. I got my start in model shipbuilding with the smaller Revell Constitution (1:196?), which still sits on a shelf in my office even though my skills have developed well beyond it. I hope you enjoy diving back into this hobby.