Royal Louis By Sargon - Mamoli - Scale 1:90 - 1st Rate French 3 Decker

Hello to everyone!  

This is the beginning of my build of the Mamoli Royal Louis 1:90 scale. After wanting this kit for a few decades now, and having been inspired by Ulises Victoria's fabulous build here on Modelshipworld, I am pleased to begin my build of this fabulous 18th century vessel. 

20180930_155948.thumb.jpg.d9c24a6aaae95bb0d5694ab24fdf089a.jpg

All the contents look great, and everything is still sealed from the factory. Fittings and wood look to be of a superior quality than my Constructo La Flore....  Will keep all posted here on all build updates! :)

20180930_160223.thumb.jpg.4ef5481c1272b0ae80cc30ce17e82130.jpg20180930_160013.thumb.jpg.1a107cc67647149c78ede31c5771eaea.jpg20180930_160029.thumb.jpg.1c594db8e65908eb7ab4893920f5eea4.jpg20180930_160037.thumb.jpg.5947538683b9e37fc926554e6e631a72.jpg

Sargon

Edited by Sargon

I built this kit quite some time ago,so I am looking forward to following along.  Be sure to inventory the parts - I remember that mine was way short on some of the planking strips. also,check the bulkheads against the plans - some of mine were very poorly cut. Above all,enjoy!

Mark

current build - HMS Vanguard - Model Shipways

Ahoy Mark! 

That's fabulous that you built the Royal Louis! I'm a very big fan of this design... I'll make sure to do a good inventory on the parts- thanks for the heads up! 

BTW, I love your build of the 18th century Spanish Galleon... it's such a rare subject to see modeled, and you are doing a great job! :)

Sargon

Very nice Royal ship you chose, three mast ships always looks pretty!  I see a lot of nice different wood you got, i found it is hard to chose at first. This ship is on my wish list,..might some day! Good luck! 

Hi Sargon! This ship is next up in my own shipyard as the kit is in the mail to me as I type this. I think I will pull up a chair and follow along. It will be nice to have some company on the build. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours! :)

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Thanks for the mention, Sargon. I wish you the best with your build and I am so very happy that you feel inspired by my build. :)

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

hello there,

i had this kit before ... (and i turn it back ... i payed around 1200 dollar so it make me upset to dill with the bulkheads problems of that kit ,but dont worry about that ... you can fix all the problems like i said i turn it back only because i payed a lot on it .... )

a few tips about the bulkheads problems :)

1. before you will start gluing and fixing the bulkheads ... just make sure that all the bulkheads are symmetrical in both sides you can use a card for that  (dont trust the plans even at the plans its not symmetrical  )

2.be sure to fix all the bulkheads on the same level ! (i mean to make them on the exact level on the deck line) , im not remember if the deck line its a flat line or there is a curve ... just check in in your plans and if there is a curve line just measure the distance from the bottom to each deck line in every frame ... and do the same position when you will glue the frames on the keel ,

after all ... you will notice that there is some bulkheads that going in from the planks line and some of them going out ,

now take your time to fix them (even if it will take you forever .... dont jump to the second process until you will finish this process !!!!)

Best regards 

Michael.

Edited by michael101

"smooth seas do not make good sailors..."

:pirate41:

MY FIRS BUILD : H.M.S BOUNTY (mamoli)

SECOND BUILD :The concord stagecoach 1:12 youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJzCs9umWPI 

CURRENTLY BUILD : H.M.S VICTORY (Caldercraft) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15501-hms-victory-by-michael101-caldercraft-scale-172/