Posted (edited)

Good day all,   I thought I would start this log in preperation for finishing my HMS Warspite build,    I have wanted to build a version of the Black Pearl for a while now,  but there is no Honest  company making a wood kit  and only the one decent scale plastic kit,   so  I  came up with the crazy idea of mashing my Peregrine kit into the Pearl.

Most inportant  Im building this for the wife as a Special request.

This will take some doing as the keel pieces and ribs in the peregrine kit will all need modifying  with extra pieces adding to them (I am under no illusion this will be a real trial of building skills  and my first attempt at a real scratch built ship.

I will have to firstly lengthen the keel section/s  as the Pearl was about 30 feet longer than the Pergrine  - so some additions to be added.

So pull up a chair in readyness for this madness  - it wont be dull.

OC.:cheers:

Edited by Old Collingwood
Change of plan.

Found this plan for Black Pearl I thought might be of help to you.

Staff Note: I removed the image from this post because it appeared to have been an official Disney plan, which is Disney's intellectual property and as such cannot be shared here without permission. You can, though, share a link to the original site source, if of course they, in turn, have legally shared the material. Carry on!

33 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Whats a brittle 

Peanut Brittle is a HARD candy. You make it by melting the candy ingredients and pouring the peanuts in and mixing while it's still hot. Let it cool in a pan that allows it to form a sheet between 4 and 8 mm, depending on the strength of your teeth! Break it into chunks small enough to hold with a hammer or something and enjoy. Tastes kind of like extra hard peanut butter normally but you can alter the recipe and get all kinds of flavors out of it.  

48 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Peanut Brittle is a HARD candy. You make it by melting the candy ingredients and pouring the peanuts in and mixing while it's still hot. Let it cool in a pan that allows it to form a sheet between 4 and 8 mm, depending on the strength of your teeth! Break it into chunks small enough to hold with a hammer or something and enjoy. Tastes kind of like extra hard peanut butter normally but you can alter the recipe and get all kinds of flavors out of it.  

WOW,   not with my teeth  (lack of)

OC.

35 minutes ago, Dowmer said:

OC,

Im in too.  So tell me.  How do you know the dimensions of the Black Pearl?  Its ficticious but are there some kind of plans etc?  What are you using for reference?

Welcome aboard,

I have saved some of the internet diagrams of the Pearl, and also after doing some reading I understand the Pearl has a keel about 110ft long  where as my Pergrine has a keel about 80ft long.

What I intend to do is to convert the Pearl drawings to 1/100 scale  and draw them over the top of my Pergrine plans and build the frame from there, starting from the keel piece/s.

OC.