MS Progress by popeye the sailor - Billing Boats - 1:50 scale

thanks Tom..........you betcha!  ;)   first Christmas in your new home...........you two must be psyched about that!   have a wonderful Christmas :) 

.....and have a wonderful Christmas to all! :cheers:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

:) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

You are doing a really nice job denis,   all the best to you and your family for xmas.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Popeye, the chop-it thing uses a regular double-bevel razorblade so it puts a slight bevel on the end of anything it cuts, you'll still need to hit the ends with sandpaper to get a good fit. I suggest you look at the disc-sander mandrels for rotary tools from my build log, you don't need a micromotor with a 90 degree attachment, that just makes it a bit more convenient- the mandrels will work in any rotary tool, and you just need to touch a plank end square to the disc sander and you have a perfectly square plank end. And the disc sander is even more useful when fitting planks at the bow where you need to set two angles at once for a good fit. I sincerely doubt my planking would have turned out as well as it did without the use of the disc sander mandrels.

thanks OC........it was a very nice Christmas for us {I think I made out like a bandit ;) }   my movie collection grew immensely,  and I got three more models.......plastic {much to the admiral's lament}....she'd rather see me working with wood.   thanks for the good word  :) 

thanks for the Christmas wishes Lawrence........we all have that curse.......with all the projects I look at,  if I was to be up to date on all the progress,  I'd never have build time  ;)   no need to apologize.......I'm just as guilty :ph34r:   we had a great holiday, here at the wharf.....I'm certain that you and your gang at the shipyard had as equally a good time! :) 

oh.......I've been looking Vossie........that disc sander is something I'm looking at next ;)   since I seem to have the habit of buying these older kits,  that tool is gonna make life a lot easier.  I intend on sprucing up the wharf next year :ph34r:  icky-mae ;)    I also bought an accessory kit for my Dremel......i'm planning on using it more than I have been {which is next to zero}   I've always been a hands on guy.

this past week was horrible.........no time to devote to the projects.  I'd no sooner start play'in around,  when I'd have to go do something else.   now that the major part of the holiday has past,  I hope things go back to normal..........but I'm still faced with packing decorations up for another year {but it goes a lot quicker ;) }.   I know it's a bit late,  but I hope that everyone had a great and merry Christmas!

there was an update for the prior week...........not too big,  but fun to do  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

now that the hull is upright again.........I can do a little on the deck :)    I was on the right track when I made the second bow bulkhead fascia.......too bad I didn't stick with it.   well.......anyway,  first thing I did was cement the anchor boxes in place.   I still need to cut them out.

1982730815_1.jpg.361e131e96f89fc96b9307837d9dc2da.jpg

I was amazed that the bow beam I cemented on earlier didn't break off in the planking process..........at one point,  I was using it as a grab handle!   it just shows how well it's cemented in place  ;)    had I referred to the diagram,  I would have seen that I memory was correct.........two ladders and the opening at the bulkhead was in the middle.   I have plans of making sliding doors for it........much like the ones seen in the intro to the old Popeye cartoons.   I was amazed at one of my Christmas gifts....... a DVD collection of Popeye cartoons!   in it,  is the cartoon where Popeye rescues Olive Oyl from Ali-baba and the forty thieves.......I believe that is the one that shows Popeye's ship {either that,  or it the one about Sinbad the Sailor}...... at any rate, that is the boat that I still plan on basing the S.S. Olive Oyl on.   I have just the hull........I just have to clone it first ;)   anyway,........I stuck with the Nordkap bulkhead fascia,  but with a twist.  I moved the door more to port and reversed the porthole opening.

421309108_2.jpg.368340f2dbfa544e720aadf44542a032.jpg

next was to assemble the compartment for the opening.......in hindsight,  I shoulda made it larger.  the bulkhead beam and the next one was added.

2086082180_3.jpg.3e8e99da9776205c7b241fc1eba6b305.jpg

94697843_4.jpg.3acf473391f8a6d7af993fd3aba48eb3.jpg

I still need to clean it up a bit more.  I then turned towards making the pit for the companionway.   after cutting out the opening,  it was boxed in.

1288958115_5.jpg.ce43a0fa06d75e5c95fca42ee23ee800.jpg

some sanding will need to be done to cut down on the depth of the box.   I think I need to remove the end piece and make the opening wider....the doors might not be able to make a full swing

992858881_6.jpg.fda72976efdd11854be6a055990aa335.jpg

the portholes were cleaned out..........open the pit just a little bit more and it will look better....then I can cement the floor in.   I'll then need to mark where the entrance windows are,  so I can cut them out.   I thought I had made a mistake with the structure,  but in looking at the diagrams and pictures,  I'm good so far.   the lower cabin will be added for the next update......I really want to stay with the general looks of the vessel.   the bow bulkhead fascia will hopefully be the only pho-par........I'm not going to bother changing it.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

the snowman has left the front yard............just about all of the outside decorations have been taken down.   tomorrow........"operation tree stuff".........we de-ornament the tree and stuff it through one of the living room bay windows!  :ph34r:    of course,  it's a lot more fun,  once ya get a snoot-full.......but for this year,  I'll be doing it without a net..........I'll be sober  ;)   naturally,  there will be massive needle loss.........but,  depending on which bay window I use,  it can cut down on the collateral damage {there are three sizes of bay window in our living room}.   it doesn't damage the window........it goes out stump first.......rather comical if ya think about it. ...........

but I ramble.............there was some progress today,  worthy of an update  ;)    being away from the table for a couple days,  I kinda snuck up on it....did some easy stuff..........like adding reinforcements to the aft cabin,  behind the helm room.   basically,  just some 1/16 squared pine strip along the edges to straighten any warped wall panels,  squaring them up and making them stronger.

619562827_1.jpg.d62388bdfa22dd20f5142da85f67e656.jpg

......ran some up the corners too.  as can be seen,  I mapped out where the lower cabin is to be.   but lo...........the more I looked at all the excess room on the deck pad,  the more I became unsatisfied.   it could be a bit bigger,  I thought to myself...........

1176838577_2.jpg.a019991d286fa860c18791297b6ccf68.jpg

roughly,  15 mm was added to the length of the cabin........couldn't do the width though........don't want to block any potential stairways.  the sides and back walls were cut from 1/16 basswood sheet,  and they were given some portholes and a door {the only one I had left}.   there are none on the back wall,  although,  I still have a few portholes left over.........I could add some.   but for the time being,  it will be left blank.........I can do other things,  still locked away in the back of my mind {scary}.   as the back wall was being held in place by a rubber band,  1/16 square strip was being added,  just as I did with the aft cabin.

259178051_3.jpg.85d8e332da641b55506e135290ad75b6.jpg

890898438_4.jpg.880f34a3304a14df65ca879fb5ac03a6.jpg

as I mentioned I was going to do with the entrance way casements,  I gave them a curved sculpt and added the adjoining casement,  leaving an opening for a stair way.

251605965_5.jpg.eafed9e6954c297f4cd9498abb63cfe7.jpg

21301451_6.jpg.a144ba7a48c5c7e56b28c9e453befa57.jpg

1610483310_7.jpg.0e5374eaaa7cf0cbcb8746f4a05caae1.jpg

the pit for the companionway was adjusted.......trimmed for the proper swing of the doors.   then there was the task of sanding some of the depth away from it........should have used narrower plank strip to make the box {live and learn}.......{remember whose think'in this up ;) }.  I found this out when I marked how deep into the pit,  the doors went.   when it was shallow enough,  the floor was cemented into place.

1483021468_8.jpg.9f6323859e9f9e03e50d7f119c634a22.jpg

the floor will be planked next........I'm think'in .05 mm,  so not to add too much depth to the pit.   I'm not too sure if anything more needs to be added before paint.  as I recall,  I added two control panel in the Nordkap helm room......one on each side wall.  we'll see ;)    so now........here's another dry fit on deck..........keep in mind that it is still missing some key detail.......hand rails,  railings,  conduits and piping........other small fixtures.

2126599373_9.jpg.15e4ade2415cde54bb896e6ee8aff2d2.jpg

858161242_10.jpg.30d1ac5d42768aae7aba006503a3ffe4.jpg

I may round off the adjoining casements.......some sanding........but this is the gist of the cabin structure assembly.   difference #2 to the original Progress is the entrance casements

Progress-003_006.jpg.73fb8fe05ff68337325a7d0e2ecf2e92.jpg

Ok.....OK.......the amount of portholes is difference #3............I can see how many I have left,  and add them accordingly ;)  {note also that those are the old portholes....they are plastic,  like I had in the first Nordkap kit}.   but,  I need to keep in mind that this is an updated Nordkap fittings kit,  and the use of brass,  wood,  and plastic,  was tossed into total upheaval!   but then again.......I can't build a kit without bashing and adding stuff,  so why would a semi scratch be any different.......whoa....is that possible?  bashing a scratch build? :blink:   what a concept!!! :ph34r:   wrestling with the snowman this afternoon kinda wore me out..........I was going to open up the anchor boxes......and start to fit the margins.   should I continue,  I will try and post the update.......if not,  it will be the goal for tomorrow.   the last thing I did was to add the last bow beam....sanding and fitting the outer skin,  will be next to do in this part of the ship.   thanks to all who hit the like button.........hoping that I'm not boring the bejebbers out of ya  ;) 

2127413539_11.jpg.7b5ab90396ddc962800296c025547c16.jpg

more to come soon :)  that glue bottle was almost 3/4 full when I started!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

hello J........hope Santa was good to you ;)    I don't seem to be the weathering type........tried it before.   one day I do it.......the next day it looks terrible,  and I end up fixing it.   I did it on the Maine Lobster boat.....I left it,  but I still wasn't happy with it.  we have folks here that make it look like child's play.........but it's not........it is truly an art form.  then again.........when I paint it,  something might strike me........I do have those three life color kits lay'in around gathering dust :rolleyes:

I see a lot in the photos I have........things I want to improve on.   I'm certain that it was from the actual kit ;)    thanks for the good word........and thanks to all who hit the like button :) 

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I didn't get too much table time yesterday.........the tree has left the building.   all but a few remnants of Christmas remain.   I made a jig to help in raising the entrance doors to the helm room,  to the proper height,  so I could trace the cut outs for the windows in the doors.   there is a left and right door,  so I made sure there was enough space for the hinges, for the doors to swing open properly.

381605150_1.jpg.6746ba85a6115a50f81982aaa2f2260a.jpg

I had included the roof on the lower cabin.......figured I would add the roof on the aft cabin.   the helm room will get the same treatment as the other structures,  as far as framing is concerned,  so adding the aft cabin roof isn't going to be in the way.  I'll just have to try and hide the seam along the two parts.   there was also an overhang that I was going to leave on the lower cabin.........but it was uneven.   I tried to straighten it out.......but I cut too deep,  and had to remove it totally,  leaving it flush all the way around the cabin.   oh well........that's what molding is for ;) 

1936700176_2.jpg.e5600f1591e1852d6071cf2a3851a3b3.jpg

counting the bow bulkhead,  I found that I have five extra portholes left over.   I'll find a place for them,  so I can use them all.  then came the task that I think we all hate to do.........cut into freshly laid planking.   the thought of making a mistake can be quite paralyzing for the faint of heart.  I bought this x-actor a short time ago..........it boasts that it's supposed to be sharper than the average x-actor.  ahhhhhh-hemmm.......we'll see about that  ;) 

160393029_3.jpg.cd04873a6c3940dcb71f55f1ed0d193c.jpg

Obechi cuts like garbage anyway.........like cutting into thick wet cardboard.  but,  it went OK though........sanding the edges as I went along........and making sure that I didn't cut into the box itself.   in that regard...they weren't kidding...........I did make a couple tell-tale marks...........but they were easy to sand away.   I did have my doubts about assembling the boxes with the bottom sill........I was thinking of making them triangular,  with no sill,  so they would blend into the hull at the bottom,  after sanding.   I did the Nordkap this way as well..........I didn't like it then,  but at that time,  what did I know..........my bashing skills didn't wake up til after the hull was fully planked.   that was progressive anyway........changing one thing.......and then another..........and by the time I was full time on the deck,  I was do'in the Sinatra.   all 'n all......they came out alright.   I suppose in lieu of molding around the openings,  I can just round off the edges and blend in the entire box.   I didn't look at the diagram until after I had done it.......the anchor hawse holes are different.......but I wasn't sure of the anchors supplied in the Progress kit.  the ones in the Nordkap kit would have been partially pulled into the holes and the anchor part would have been hanging in the breeze........not the way an anchor should hang.

r9zb8cm.thumb.jpg.db337adc345e175795ce8f57e81c87b4.jpg

"hell's spit........I'm jest spinn'in me winch fer nuth'in!"  they pass muster wit me  ;) 

1185053563_4.jpg.736c56e335b9035eb80d3960e31c300b.jpg

1648872753_5.jpg.77d59bae07d88a7a476181c7f4c35394.jpg

more soon............:) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

other thoughts I've had...one is for the portholes.   I intend to use the window maker to fill them in.   I tried the punch out method before........way too much trimming.   the ID of the porthole is {from what I can see} around 5/16.   with most openings that I've used the window maker on,  I've positioned the part,  so the opening is facing downward to prevent the window maker from drying with a sunken in look.   an idea that I'm toying with,  is to lay them face up on a sheet of clear saran wrap,  and 'well' them in..........I thought of using wax paper,  but I'm unsure if the wax would hinder the see-thru look after they are dry.  then......there's the removal factor.......would they stick and become damaged peeling them off.  for the other types of windows,  I will use clear cello.......squares are easier to do.

another problem lies with the fittings........I hope Billing Boats gets enough complaints about this.  they made the gallows out of plywood stock,  laser cut into the parts needed to make them.  I was toying with them,  with the intent on assembling them......but they are a lost cause.  the laser cutting melted the glue between the plys and they were splitting apart.....the uprights are terrible!  rather than contact them......and possibly get more of the same,  I'm going to look around,  or even make the parts for them myself.   the ones that came in the first Nordkap kit were made of brass and they were pre assembled..........glue or solder on the footings,  add the pulley blocks, and they were good to go.   I'll need to advise the budget director......I know it will be like asking the king for a ship to discover America.........but it must be done.   I'm glad I found this out now,  and not later.   I will also be checking the winch too........1/2 of that has been changed to wood.........the frame parts :( 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thank you Sjors! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Really nice thorough work denis  - looking so meaningful and sharp.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

thanks OC............it will look even better, when I can get some paint on her :) 

I went on a scavenger hunt last night........I was either looking for any place that had the gallows,  or an old billings fitting kit.  I found neither :(   this is what I got when I punched the uprights from the laser cut piece of plywood sheeting.

956427358_1.jpg.f5af7a296028d3fceb2e5730c10f349e.jpg

they all came apart........I even broke one :(   these are total garbage....the pieces above are the top parts.   all is not lost though ;)   going further,  I'm still confused as to what these parts are for.........

705608312_2.jpg.df1101880eceb044fca275012bad2a16.jpg

dunno.......I'll figure it out.......the square part at the upper left is for a small crane that sits on the aft deck.........the two small rectangles are probably the basis for the vents that are arranges on the aft deck as well.   I had also been working on the kit and fittings kit supplied larger crane......this is to be a manual crane {while I'm at it........I'll take you on a walk through memory lane  ;) }

1658043883_3.jpg.e1eded822dc87977a69dead3a059d3d5.jpg

for the Nordkap,  I motorized it,  giving it a motor {nach} and a control panel

510641022_lifeboatcrane5.JPG.9afad0f936a5b44be3c772dd8e380441.JPG

there are the two vents I was talking about........the decals are interesting.........they are from an Cessna airplane kit decal sheet,  the image I saved on line.  the decals were made by Moody ;) .......seemed like a good brand name for the crane.   if you want to see how I made the crane,  I'll post it in the other Nordkap thread.  the framework for the winch is wood.......done here in thinner plyboard

110423667_4.jpg.6ec40cd6ea2020144aea85552d8ce461.jpg

I probably won't use the pulley parts.........I have some that I ordered from Cornwall,  that are brass....I just need to assemble them.   the assembly for the crane looks like this.......

1373948333_7.jpg.96a2e0ca9d24c01507b1648fb8fceb3f.jpg

I did manage to find it at Cornwall for about $30.00.   I still debating whether or not to pull the trigger.........the one supplied in the kit will enable me to put a railing around it.....an aspect I saw in the Progress pictures.  now........I did have two of the gallows from the older Nordkap fitting kit.....one of them I must have destroyed experimenting with it......the diagram looks like this.........with the footings.

1603292918_5.jpg.612ff8204a6d21df6c44feb342c207d2.jpg

but I have one to go by........I also have the other parts so I can make a pair.

1291993093_6.jpg.1dc83b99e71b0eda01fee71627e1dbcf.jpg

I can make them like this........or I can bend the 1/4 square brass strip into an elongated 'U',  and make them to look like this:

Page-46-small-1024x654.jpg.3cb389f03401310ff93ac691e1f4bb9e.jpg

I've seen many that look like this........I may go with it and save me some work  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Slightly off topic - I love the bass set up.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

that's my Fender Squire bass........the amp is called a 'boxer 30'......I forget off hand who the manufacturer is.  love that bass since I started to use flat wounds on her :)   I also own an Epiphone 'Les Paul' knock off......has a good sound,  and also a bass that I have no idea who makes it.......the admiral bought it for me when I was taking lessons.  haven't sat down with them for a while now.......I really should.   thanks OC  :)  rock on!

for it's age,  it's still a great kit CDW.  I'm a confirmed Billing's nut ;)   though I'm basing this kit {and this model} as a spin off of the Nordkap kit,  it's apparent how close they look in resemblance.  they only really differ in the cabin structure configuration.  basically,  the fact that there was an actual kit of this model,  is the only reason why I have it here in the kit forum.  most of the 'kit assembly' is done............scratch building will take over.  I'm glad that you like how it is beginning to take shape...........it will get even better once I start painting her,  and start adding to the deck.  the Nordkap is in the Gallery....the kit it came from was a bit newer than the kit I'm working with now.  to date them,  I'd need to find out when Billing's stopped using mahogany for their parts panels, and changed over to other woods,  like basswood.  the same could also be said for their diversion from pine strip to basswood {and other woods}.

Nordkap.JPG.8501c6c245e6e4b30117159e6f1de66b.JPG

can't help it........I love showing her..... :)   she holds the distinction,  for starting me off in this hobby.....but wasn't the first model I finished.   thsi one was!

1429382953_Cux87.JPG.ad420a14a1254981ee1a923b151d0850.JPG

100_0386.JPG

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Superb work on all of them  - love the detail and the colors.

I used to play a bit of bass  when I used to own this one, a few years back  - I kind of tried to learn bass and sax  but my  main instrument has always been keyboards  I still  practice using digital laptop synths with a plug in cheap digital keyboard I have had for years.

This was my bass.

OC.

IBBY.jpg

Current builds  

Completed works.

I'm a sax player from way back. Alto and baritone sax. Played orchestra concert, dance and jazz bands. Have not picked one up to play in many years.

Guitars are another story. Learned, practiced, and tried for several years but just never seemed to get the hang of it. My large hands made it more difficult. Not impossible, but challenging. Maybe too challenging. 

Some very talented people on here - for sure.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

chiming in to wish you all a very happy new year!  :)    i have to work.........the last vestage of snuffing out holidays has hit........not enough voices to null the assault :(    I could go into a full tyrad.......but I don't want to muddy the waters here.   I'd love to see them try and take Christmas away from us........I'd take out a full page ad!  Wally really wouldn't like the publicity :ph34r:

thanks John........and a happy new years to you and Pam!  I hope 2019 holds many positive things for you...good health and all! :) 

oh boy......I'll take a stab that you had either an Ibanez or a G&L Tribute....... they don't look like Fender pick ups.   try bar chords CDW......there are also some different tuning that can help too.  triads are another form of power chords.  nice looking acoustic Robert........looks short.....I'm not familiar with guitars,  but it looks like a student guitar.  still very cute :wub:  

I have stories...........here isn't the place though.   if you'd like to continue,  let's start a thread in shore leave.  I'll bet other would join in as well :)   

now you guys are making me feel guilty.......I haven't touched a bass for almost a couple of years now.   the No name bass has been in a stand, in the corner for all this time.......the admiral has been complaining about how dusty it is.   I need to address it.........

again....happy new year to you all.......I hope 2019 holds good things for you!  :36::champagne:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Very nice progress on the model Denis and the musical banter, love it

My instrument is my voice, sang in the church choir, first tenor, high f.  I tried for the g but couldn't quite reach it. Still do pretty well, even at 84.

You and the misses have a great 2019 and in good heath.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

thanks Piet.......and hope your holiday {s} were just as good :)   though I was NOT to have a 'model' Christmas,  I got three.   one of them was my funny car...1/16 scale.  the body is 12 inches long,  and has wiring and hose routings.  it's not the one I built in Florida back in the '70's,  but it will fill the void.

the admiral got me an old MPC kit........a 4-4-0 steam locomotive and tender called the General.......very nice and quite large for a 1/25 model kit.  my son Kevin and Chrystal got me a 1/150 scale kit of the Gorch Fock.....a Revell kit that looks quite intimidating at skill level 5 :unsure:    my movie collection got a huge boost too......included is a collection on D - Day.   I must have been a very good boy  :) 

the work week is over........too cold to go runn'in 'round in a speedo...........so I guess I'll sit here and model  ;)   more fun awaits!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

lovely work,

The funnel,  is the superstructure adapted to take the funnel, or is the funnel added to appear like it fits within the superstructure

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat