1:100 RC DKM Scharnhorst

Hello everyone.  I'm a new member and have been a model builder for 65 yrs. I'm looking for feed back on a project to RC my 1:100 scale fiber glass hull of DKM Scharnhorst.  I live in southern New Jersey and need the services of someone to do the RC outfitting of the hull.  Hull is 92 1/2"(LOA) and 11 7/8" mid-ship beam. I'm interested in twin screws with twin rudders; motors, transmitter/receiver set, etc.  I can travel up to 75-100 miles to meet the installer.  Deck, upper works and all fittings & armament and Ar-196 are being provided by a 3-D manufacturer.  I've attached photos of the 3-D model Ar-196, catapult and hanger and photo of the completed assembled pieces (not my model).   I would appreciate any/all responses and suggestions.  Thanks very much.

Peter

DKM Arado Open.jpg

DKM cat 2.jpg

DKM Scharn Hanger.jpg

DKM Scharhorst cat + hanger.jpg

DKM Scharnhorst 1943 03.png

• 1 year later...

Peter,

I'm sure you could do it yourself.  Nick at Harbor Models is great for advice and gear. He's in CA.  If you are ever interested is selling it please let me know.  I live in Yardley, PA.  Email and phone number deleted by moderator to prevent spam and abuse.

Best of luck and stay healthy.

John

John,

I'm deleting your email and your phone number.   We get crawl by a lot of websites, not just Google, etc. and if it's left, you will get spam and probably some viruses in your email.  And let's not forget all the calls you'll get.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome aboard from another from Jersey!  I'm not an R/C person (yet!) but since you are in NJ, you may wish to check out https://www.facebook.com/GSMB.NJ/  

423692_184842091625187_1166794142_n.jpg?
Edited by EricWilliamMarshall

• 2 years later...

Man, PM Peter and find out if this is kit or a scratchbuild.  If a kit, he should be able to tell you who made it and then you can find about shipping to Hong Kong.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Don't think it is useful to continue this thread: Peter's first post dates 2018, his total post-count is 2, and his last visit to MSW was early 2020.....

The 3D pictures are parts from shapeways: Ships - Shapeways Miniatures

Not a kit, but parts you can use to upgrade your own scratch model

Jan 

Happens  too me all the time lol

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                 Hannah Ship in Bottle-Amati 1:300 : The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20

Current Build:   The Mayflower: Amati 

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati