Hi 

Dos anyone know's were the kit eyepins from ME is made?

the brass eyepins thats comes with the syren kit Seems to be different or crapy one,

I have dunn the blackenig befor with good result, but this time it Seems to not stikk 

I did try acid dip first and so on... but its turn out the same 😲( I used carr's)

Svein.erik 

20181014_140941.jpg

20181014_140923.jpg

Erik, have you tried making your own? Eye bolts are quite easy to make with blackened annealed wire and a pair of round-nose pliers.

Cheers,

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

My System:  A small nail diven part way into a piece of wood with the head then cut off or you can use a broken drill bit.  Bend the wire around the protrusion and crimp the two legs of the shank together with pliers.  Then cut one of the legs off.  Basic but it works.

Roger

Hi Svein Erik.

What I did was get a piece of 3mm tubing,cut a slot about 10mm long drill a hole right through at 90° to the slot of the diameter I want the eye to be. Bent the wire around whatever pin,drill shank etc diameter to get the size of eye I wanted. Hold the wire with pliers and spin the tube. I can make dozens of eyebolts in a very short time. I have several of these for making different sized eyebolts. No need to butcher a pair of longnose pliers as has been suggested. Incidentally a spun up eyebolt holds much better than the single shank ones.

Dave :dancetl6:

Edited by davyboy

18 minutes ago, wefalck said:

I may be stupid, but it isn't to me, sorry. Is the pin with the wire inside the tube and you form the sharp corners with it ? Perhaps also the term 'spin' is confusing, as it normally implies serveral, if not many turns.

Wefalk,perhaps I should have written bend the wire around the pin ensuring the two ends are inside the tube slot,silly me.

Dave :dancetl6:

Cool tool, but an inner diameter of 1,5 mm is too large for a 1:64 model?... And I've heard that it still need some afterwork as the loop is open and misaligned. So it may still be that the old round nose pliers is the way to go...

Edited by puckotred

Mr. Pucko

Building:

Royal Caroline - Panart

Nuestra Senora del Pilar - Occre

Bounty - Occre

Titanic - Amati

Endeavour - AL

Santissima Trinidad cross section - Occre