Lilla Dan by philo426 - Billing Boats - Finishing a partially completed model

nice........looks like the hull was well done :)    hopefully you got all the parts to finish her.   I haven't ordered this one yet........but I have been tempted to.    being a Billing Boats nut.........I'd love to follow along.   if you can,  try to break the rub rail free at the bow and drop it down equally along the bulwarks........only thing I would change ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

your doing some interesting work on this one :)    the vents are a nice touch.........you probably should add two bob stays from the dolphin striker that will locate to each side of the bow.   they will complete the support for when you do the fore stays.  do you have all the plans for her?   if your missing either of them,  they can be downloaded from Billing USA

http://www.billingboatsusa.com/

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

there is a rigging diagram sheet......it shows the two bob stays for the bow stem and the ones I mentioned that locate on each side of the bow.  there is also a pair on each side to keep lateral movement in check.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

the ship's boats can be done either way.  if you leave them like this,  you could do the rigging for the davits and tie them off to cleats,  affixed to either the bulwarks or the cap rails.  to create the pulley assembly,  rig two blocks with hooks on them and attach them to eye bolts on the cap rails.  on some boats or ships,  you might even see them in an X pattern.   she's look'in really good :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nice build looking very very good.

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co.