USS Enterprise CV-6 by Glenns_TX - Revell - 1/1200 Scale - PLASTIC - In measure 21 camouflage

This kit was purchased from Hobby Lobby several years ago. Since that time like the rest of my kits, it has resided in a closet.

44545254335_b8baf7a720_b.jpg

Today I decided I need something “easier” to do while I work on the Bounty. And it just happened my 1/700 Hornet by Trumpeter arrived. So like the Arizona, I’ll gain some experience with this $6 kit.

So far the main difficulty was finding Navy Blue 5-N. No one had it here. So unless I find some, I plan to mix a 3:1 ratio of Model Air insignia blue with black. The blue is FS35044 while 5-N is 35045.

31584403058_0a82b7b06e_b.jpg

It’s a waterline kit. Another first. Guess I’m making an ocean too.

Builds In-progress :

HMS Bounty, Corel 1/130

USS Enterpise CV-6, Revell 1/1200

Completed Builds :

USS Constitution Plastic Refit. See Avatar and Cover Photo

USS Arizona BB-39, Revell, 1:426

Cleaned the parts last night. This morning removed hull sections. Cleaned up any flash. Glued hanger deck to bottom hull. Filled and sanded where needed. Will prime later. Working on some Polar Lights Original Series Star Trek Kits to. And those  needed more filling. Prefer to prime all three kits together.

44559716965_f46f312c7b_b.jpg

Edited by Glenns_TX

Builds In-progress :

HMS Bounty, Corel 1/130

Completed Builds :

I am curious to see the aircraft on the deck! They must be smaller than ants! 

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Sprayed everything with primer tonight. Anyone know what Enterprise’s hanger deck colors were?

CV-6 was easy. The Star Trek Kits gave me more fits. The Klingon ship has chrome pieces which needed to be masked. The Enterprise’s pylons and one engine still refuse to give up their seams. 

Builds In-progress :

HMS Bounty, Corel 1/130

Completed Builds :

I suspect that it was much like modern carriers.   White on the bulkheads and overhead and gray linoleum or no-skid on the deck.  It's pretty dark on the hanger deck and the white does a good job of reflecting light.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

23 hours ago, lmagna said:

I am curious to see the aircraft on the deck! They must be smaller than ants! 

Well they’re not ready for the deck. But here they are. I’m sure you know the boxes on the matt are 1” square.

45453803272_6d9b06cb78_b.jpg

Builds In-progress :

HMS Bounty, Corel 1/130

Completed Builds :

They are bigger than I thought they would be! About 3/8" wingspan maybe a little more. Are they supposed to be Hellcats?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Haven’t done much with this cause it’s been too cold and we to paint. But tonight, I sanded the additional filling I added Monday. And decided the hanger needs only grey primer for the deck and white for ceiling and walls. Painted the ceiling tonight. Also spent time searching for an 8” bottle with a 1.5 to 2 inch opening. 

45574871201_df18a8f6b3_b.jpg

Edited by Glenns_TX

Builds In-progress :

HMS Bounty, Corel 1/130

Completed Builds :

Might I suggest a clear glass jug that is used to brew beer in? I have one of those and I am planning on figuring out a way to custom build a boat to stick in there one day...I looked at the measurements one day and I am pretty sure its 13" diameter, 10" high...the opening is only about 1" but it would be easy to cut a bigger hole.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:24 AM, mtaylor said:

I suspect that it was much like modern carriers.   White on the bulkheads and overhead and gray linoleum or no-skid on the deck.  It's pretty dark on the hanger deck and the white does a good job of reflecting light.

Seems I read somewhere that linoleum was removed because of the fire hazard, a big concern on any ship.

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Light gray decks, white bulkheads and overhead.  

Here’s a link to the Fine Scale Modeler review of the Merit 1/200 scale plastic kit, for reference...

http://www.finescale.com/product-info/kit-reviews/2015/07/merit-international-uss-yorktown-cv-5

-Bill

In progress:  

BlueJacket Lobster Smack 1/8 scale (RC)

1/96 Revenue Cutter Harriet Lane RC scratchbuild

completed:  

1/144 scale USS Guadalcanal CVE-60 RC scratchbuild

Revell 1/305 USCG 327’ Secretary class cutter

Dumas 1/16 scale USCG Motor Lifeboat 36500 (RC)

Lindberg 1/95 USCG Lightship LV-112 “Nantucket” RC conversion

• The title was changed to USS Enterprise CV-6 by Glenns_TX - Revell - 1/1200 Scale - PLASTIC - In measure 21 camouflage