Dave's 1951 XK120 Jag Roadster - FINISHED - 1/24th scale

Pretty big morning......
A week of creating accessory parts and applying Molotow chrome.
Spent yesterday mounting the accessories.
Last night, finally shot the Jag with four coats of Testers High Gloss Clear.  HOLY CRAP!
Having never used this stuff before, I held my breath as I opened the shop this morning.
Also, this is the first time I've seen her with all the masking tape removed. 
Guess I'll need to register the license plate with the state of NC.
aaclear2.JPG.5bd3832725ddd9f5e27391a2a3c45fbf.JPG

aaclear1.thumb.JPG.4bf8740fd1fdfc2a1b895ec6936c122b.JPG

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

On 10/30/2018 at 2:39 AM, SawdustDave said:

Day three progress pics.....

Front grill and head lamps roughed in.
The cockpit was hollowed out using a mortising bit on my 20 year old drill press.

jag6.JPG.f87799ca88b2c90343b7afb512288292.JPG

Beautiful and very inspiring work dave,

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Super fine work, Dave.  I never thought about scratch building a model car.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

FINISHED?
Not really.  But I did get my first look with the wheels dry fitted this morning.
Note the rolled trim around the cockpit as well...
Still a few things to wrap up .... wind shield and wiper blades - and exhaust system being primary.

aaa.JPG.251029ff4dd05b80f0100c2999b74c0c.JPG

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

FINALLY FINISHED.....

I tried to take a photo this morning with close to the same angle as the internet photo used to create this model.  Not exact but close enough for hand grenades and horse shoes....
aaaafinal.thumb.JPG.9c52dfeafb3f09e70db285159c7169ac.JPG

jagpic14.thumb.jpg.6a109bd791b33c8e27bf2ad738074e23.jpg

Still a few tasks to work on underneath, but nothing worth including here in closing this little fun build log.
Thanks all for sharing your input. 

Sawdust Dave -

Congratulations for a well executed model and the trip down memory lane.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Believe we have a WINNAH! Congratulations extremely well done.:cheers:

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Thank you all for visiting and commenting on this fun project.  Needless to say, it has been a nice little break from the modelers burn out I was experiencing with over three years of intense scratch building major ship models.

Now it's time to bring Old Ironsides back to the work bench.
See you there.

Sawdust Dave -

If I hadn't seen the build log, I wouldn't have believed it was wood.   Just impeccable.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Dave, I have to agree I would not have guessed that this model was carved from a block of wood, nicely Done!

Happy new year to you and your family

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.