Cruiser Varyag 1901 by Valeriy V - FINISHED - scale 1:75

38 minutes ago, amateur said:

I thought your metalwork in Varyag was stunning......

this one is even better.

Ah, but we haven't seen the upper works on Varyag yet! 😉

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Thank you all for your emotional evaluation. I am glad that I liked the model, although it is still far from complete.

2 hours ago, ccoyle said:

Okay ... mind blown. 😲

I often repeat the same words looking at models of sailing vessels made of wood and even paper on this forum.  :) 

1 hour ago, cotrecerf said:

Dear Valeriy,

absolutely stunning work!  How did you make the cowls of the ventilation shafts, by electro-galvanzed building-up fall-out?

They look so much better than punched half-cowls brazed together.

Hello Joachim!

I find it difficult to understand your question, since the translator does not translate the technical text very well. Please indicate with the arrow on the photo what detail you are asking.

The detail on your Ironclad  "Peresvet" is amazing.  I notice that cannon rifling is even visible.   :stunned:  It is indeed the work of a master. :imNotWorthy:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Valeriy

Most of us more normal people can only wish to have one masterpiece in their lifetime. It is clear that we are seeing at least two in the making! You have every right to be very proud of both of them. You clearly have incredible talent!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I can't say much more than the others did........your work is downright amazing! :)   your metal work is beyond words and your attention to detail is as well :)   if the Varyag  is as complex as the Perevet,  we are in for one hell of a treat! ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

7 hours ago, ccoyle said:

Valeriy, he's asking about these structures.

Thank you, Chris.

This deflector is welded from two halves. Each half is made of copper by electroforming. At Varyag deflectors will be made by the same method of electroforming, but with whole details, without halves.

I’ve never seen a rifled bore on a ship model before Valerie! Your work reminds me of the finest builders models made by shipping companies in the 1900’s.

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

21 minutes ago, dvm27 said:

I’ve never seen a rifled bore on a ship model before Valerie! Your work reminds me of the finest builders models made by shipping companies in the 1900’s.

Thank you, Greg.

Yes it is. Such models are for me a model of the museum style.

Hatsuse1.jpeg

Hatsuse2.jpeg

Since we are talking about shipping company models of the 1900s ...

For the time being, I have been looking without success for detailed photos of two models of liners of the type "Empress of Japan" (1895).

The first model is stored in Vancouver maritime museum, the second model is in the Canada Science and Technology Museum Ottawa.

Perhaps one of our members of the forum will be able to photograph them in detail?  :)

Canada Science and Technology Museum  Ottawa.JPG

vancouver-maritime-museum.JPG

18 hours ago, cotrecerf said:

Thanks Valeriy for confirming. I would appreciate very much a description of your technology, if your time allows.

Joachim ,  I  will show the process in pictures, if you have any questions, I will try to answer them.

It will be good if the pictures do not mix up after my upload to the forum...... :unsure:

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s4-1.jpg

s4-2.jpg

s5.jpg

s6.jpg

s7.jpg

s8.jpg