I need a set of sails for my Billings Lila Dan...

philo426

If the provider of this kit does not have the sails the next option would be to make them... for that should have the plans of this model to copy it in its exact measurements.

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)

Hello. Here I stitched the sails according to the dimensions. All you need is an agreement..:(:( O.

https://www.hismodel.com/articles-category-23

Ondras.

Done : President - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=90230
Under construction : Roter Lowe - https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=114576

Member of the organizing clubhttps://wchs-c-2023.klom-admiral.cz/en

I think what Radek is trying to say is that all you need to do is supply him the dimensions of the sails you need and he can make them for you in a custom order. I think you will find that his work and customer satisfaction is top level as is his reliability. 

His standard method of making custom sails is:

1. You send him the sizes of the sails you want made'
  2. When he gets your information he will write the program required to make the sails and establish the price required for sewing.
  3. Then he will contact you with the cost and a PDF file that you can print out and test against your model or plans
  4. If all is OK you confirm that you are fine with the design.
  5. When the sails are made and ready for shipping he will send you photos and an invoice. He accepts PayPal or bank transfer.
  6. Upon receipt of payment he will ship you your sails.

The full process can take 4-6 weeks as it is a custom order and not one of his regular many sets of sails he already offers.

I am not affiliated or connected in with HisModel in any way. I just find him to be a very upstanding source for some of our modeling needs, sails in particular. The above information was obtained from him several months ago in regards to a set of sails I will be having him make for my currant build. In my opinion there is no way I could make finer sails even if I tried.

Hope this helps. Sometimes Radek struggles with his English a little, but it does not affect his honesty or skill level. 

After confirm that size of sails is OK I sewing sails.

When will a sails prepared for shipping I send to you photos of sails and invoice. Payment is possibility via Bank transfer or Paypal. After payment I will send it.

Complete process  will take about 4-6 weeks, because much orders.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

1 minute ago, Jim Rogers said:

she made my sails.

I suppose many of us have the same option Jim. I have a guy just a couple of blocks away who has done back pack alterations for me in years past I guess he could do sails also.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

28 minutes ago, lmagna said:

I suppose many of us have the same option Jim. I have a guy just a couple of blocks away who has done back pack alterations for me in years past I guess he could do sails also.

Dosen’t Hurt to ask.

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

This notion that you have to actually sew sails is false.in fact I usually advise against actual sewn seams due to the fact that the stitches are always grossly out of scale. If you think about the diameter of your running rigging-often represented by sewing thread on the model- then sail twine would have to be microscopic in order to be in scale with the running rigging. 

White Glue works fine on fabric. 

Niagara USS Constitution 

• 2 years later...
On 11/4/2018 at 4:30 PM, philo426 said:

I need a set of sails for my Billings Lila Dan,Tried the website but they are not listed for sails and the kit I am building is about 40 years old. Any ideas?

On 11/4/2018 at 4:30 PM, philo426 said:

I need a set of sails for my Billings Lila Dan,Tried the website but they are not listed for sails and the kit I am building is about 40 years old. Any ideas?

I have a set of original Sails and fixings kit for the Lila Dan if you still looking for them.

they are very rare to find. Mine are all still pretty much boxed as new.