Charles W Morgan

Mur412

Hello,upon searching for information on my Aristo-Craft ship, I came across a post from someone looking for the instructions for the Charles W Morgan. All I have found about my 1/50 size kit is that the insides of the box are identical to Artisania Latina's ship. The post was dated 2014. I could help, maybe, if the writer did not get any help in this regard. I have posted this ship for sale with pictures on Kijiji a website that a lot of people here in Toronto and across Canada use. I am also selling a 1/70 scale Steingraeber kit of the La Pomone on that site as well. I will never get to build these as I have stored them for many years and I am in the middle of building two other boats Graupner's original Schnellboot and a PT boat, sorry not sailing ships, and have one more to go after that, a trawler. As I am new to this site I will be investigating the many posts and see what new things I can learn. I have been away from model building for many years so this maybe interesting. 

Welcome to MSW.   There are quite a few non-wooden ships being built in the Kit area so feel free to post a build log.  It's a great way to get help and make friends.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark, I realized that after doing some exploring on this site that people had commented on building plastic ships as well. I had originally thought it was just for wood sailing ships, which I was not building, only because I believed it would take me too long to finish them. I'll keep exploring the site and see what all I can learn.

32 deep V.jpeg

Charles W Morgan.jpg

Gidday and a warm welcome from the Land Downunder.

You will find no discrimination re type of ship or medium used on this site. The forums cater for a diverse range of ships. You will also find a lot of support here.

Keep us updated on your progress, ideally through a build log.

All the best with your builds.

• 1 year later...

Dave, 

Welcome to MSW.  I can't help with the plans, however, I do suggest you change your screenname.  MSW gets crawled by lots of bots and your current screenname will get you lots of spam.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, cgguerrero said:

Tengo la Charles W. Morgan 1:50 pero las instrucciones y los planos se han deteriorado por un problema de humedad. Si alguien los tiene, le agradecería que me los enviara. Gracias.

Translated to English:   I have the Charles W. Morgan 1:50 but the instructions and plans have deteriorated due to a moisture problem. If anyone has them, I'd appreciate it if you could send them to me. Thank you.

Este es un sitio en inglés, así que use Google Translate o alguna otra aplicación para publicar, por favor.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: