Does anybody have any experience of this?

Interesting indeed. I guess we need to wait for feedback from users as to whether it delivers as promised! It does not seem to mention the maximum size it can handle.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

The web site has a lot of hype and absolutely no specifications. What is the resolution of the 3D printer? What is the minimum step size for the linear positioners? What is the maximum X, Y and Z motion? They say a 500 mW laser is available - from where? What does it cost? They say it will do CNC milling, but don't mention the motor, specs, what kind of tools it takes, etc.

Looks like a scam to me.

Phil

13 hours ago, Jim Rogers said:

My inclination would be that if it did 3D printing, laser engraving and CNC Routering it would not do each well.Just the nature of the combo beast

Agree completely with Jim.

Looking at the construction, it would not be rigid enough to do CNC milling/routing. Until I downsized, I had an X-Carve which would be a much better CNC option. A 3D printer would be rigid enough for laser engraving but not without an enclosure - lasers are dangerous!

Regards

Geoff

Kits awaiting build: Charles W. Morgan [Artesania Latina], Skuldelev Viking [Billings], Lyde [Euromodel]

Here's where they ripped off the images of the real product:  https://snapmaker.com/  Price is $799.

I think this machine will do what it's claimed to do, but it's not rigid enough for anything beyond engraving or light duty milling of wood and plastic.  Don't expect it to mill metals.   

The one advantage of this machine over other 3 in 1's is it appears that the printer, laser and engraver heads are easily changed.  For other machines I've seen I get the impression that the change-over requires tools and a bit of re-wiring, which may deter some buyers. 

Bruce

Stay Sharp - Stay Safe

Judgement comes from experience:  experience comes from poor judgement.

• USS Constitution: Scratch build solid hull 1:96 scale

Not a surprised that this machine has made an appearance, 3D printing, laser engraving and CNC Routering all require the same software and motion provisions, the only real difference is the configuration of the Head and a way to provide the working Tool requirements to make the cut or deposit material. That being said, I wonder why it took so long for the first to appear. The Spillway gate has began to open, the wise will give it time to develop and sort out the keepers from the Want to Be's. The needed software has been around for a long time, started seeing flat table plotters in the late 60's, adding the Z component was child's play. The Router tool and the printing head are add on's that will see a flurry of development improvement until a best approach reveals itself. That is the time to buy. Let those with deep pockets bear the cost of refinement.

In my experience, this kind of machine is only toy-level, or just for "Study", which is not suitable for model making. 3D printing is OK, laser can not cut more than 0.5mm, that is to say, can only leave a marking line on the board, but can not cut the board. The function of CNC is very weak. Can not cut more than 5 mm board, and the accuracy and stability is not enough, in Chinese website known as the "toy engraving machine".

Indeed, it would be tempting to buy a CNC/Laser Engraving/3d Printing Multifunctional Machine for just $299. I once wanted to buy a similar machine. The cheapest CNC engraving machine in China is only $70, and the cheapest laser engraving machine is about $42. I know you've been focusing on CNC equipment... My personal experience is that for making ship models or other models, , there (in China)will be at least about $700 -Does not include any software and computers.. Compared with ebay's , it will cost about $950, only three axes,800w motors.And this kind of machine can not be used for high-intensity processing, such as for Kit production.