Dumas 1940 Chris Craft Barrel Back run about (Partially started) by mtdoramike

Here is another wayward orphan that I picked up that some good intentional soul I'm sure bought on a whim with all the good intentions in the world of finishing it and just never did due to I'm sure like most for various reasons. I'm told this poor soul passed away before completing it. By looking at the discolored blue prints I would have to say that had to have been many years ago.

Now to the project model, a 1940 Chris Craft Barrel Back which has been on my to do list for ever. So I couldn't turn it down. The planking, which had been 75% complete was questionable at best, I had to completely rip off one side of the planking and start over, which I did. The rest of the build looked good.     

DSC00525 (1).JPG

DSC00526 (1).JPG

DSC00527 (1).JPG

DSC00528 (1).JPG

DSC00529 (1).JPG

Like I said in another thread, unfortunately I'm a sucker for unfinished models. The only thing that is keep peace in the household is that I promised my wife that both the Creole Queen and the Barrel Back would be sold by the time I finished them and actually I have deals on both from the same client, who purchased the 1954 Chris Craft Commander from me a while back.

• 7 months later...

Excellent work!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me