Awesome miniature tools

While browsing through the December/January issue of "American Craft" magazine I saw an article about Marco Terenzi's unbelievable miniature tools. His website is "marcoterenzi.com.

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

Those are amazing.

I can't afford them but just looking at them being made makes me happy  😊.

Thanks for posting,

Richard

Edited by RichardG

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights

I agree. I thought I'd like to purchase one until I saw the price. Considering the time Marco puts into these tools they are "probably " worth the price. Incredible! ...Moab

Completed Builds:

Ranger...Corel

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

Under Construction:

Moab,

This is the kind of stuff I just love! I wish I had the ability to do things like that. It always amazes me what some people can make. No 3D printer and his machines don’t appear to be CNC. It just shows what people are capable of creating. I could look at this for hours and probably will. Thanks for posting this.

I wonder if he can make a miniature Knew Concept saw?

Kurt

Member: Ship Model Society of New Jersey

Is there a forum for work at this caliber?  I’m not that interested in Folk Art or Doll House miniatures. I know there was a magazine in the mid 1980s Scale Wood Craft that I had a subscription to that was full of this kind of stuff. The Sherline site has a section on fantastic craftsmen, but that is rarely added to. 

Kurt

1 hour ago, Kurt Johnson said:

Is there a forum for work at this caliber?  I’m not that interested in Folk Art or Doll House miniatures. I know there was a magazine in the mid 1980s Scale Wood Craft that I had a subscription to that was full of this kind of stuff. The Sherline site has a section on fantastic craftsmen, but that is rarely added to. 

Kurt

There is. I've lost the link to it but they have model cars, airplaines, and a tools section.   We've had links to it in the past here and as soon as I find it, I'll post it.

Ah... found it.  https://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/index.html   You'll need to do some digging to find tools.    By the way, GDW who makes ship's, etc. all beautifully machined, etc. is a member and poster there https://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Wingrove.htm

Here's the link to the page with the index https://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/rooms.htm

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I didn't realise that the craftsmanship museum was part of Sherline.    My bad.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Kurt; I'm sure the saw would be a "walk in the park" for Marco.

Bilge; I'm not on many sites but The Westlake Publishing forum features (in my opinion) some of the most incredible scale craftsmen in the world. Check it out...Moab

Completed Builds:

Ranger...Corel

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

Under Construction:

4 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I didn't realise that the craftsmanship museum was part of Sherline.    My bad.

Mark,

No problem at all. I appreciate that you took the time to post the link. I think it physically in their building. I've been looking at that site for years. A lot of talent there. Some of the model cars there are fantastic.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Kurt

I looked through the blog back a few years ( truly amazing ). It looks like he came pretty close to Knew Concepts in 2016 ( or they came pretty close to him! ). My hat’s off to the gentleman for sure. I would give almost anything to see his work in the flesh.

Kurt

Spruced up my fret saw a bit.

14 hours ago, mtaylor said:

I've lost the link

Mark,

Thanks for the links, awesome its a testament to what folks are capable of.

Makes me feel like a Neanderthal working with a stone ax.:default_wallbash: 

John Allen

Current builds HMS Victory-Mamoli

On deck

USS Tecumseh, CSS Hunley scratch build, Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea) scratch build

Finished

Waka Taua Maori War Canoe, Armed Launch-Panart, Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

Another site with some pretty awesome stuff is from one of the sponsors here - Scale Hardware

https://www.modelmotorcars.com/museum/scale-hardware-model-museum/

If you're into cars, there are several other pages of models that you can get to from the top level of their site - https://www.modelmotorcars.com/

Click on the Museum button at the top of the page.